- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI frequently bookmark things on impulse (such as if I find an unexpected web page I think I'll want to view again or share later), and I inevitably get a build-up of unsorted bookmarks. When I do finally get around to sorting them, all I can be asked to do with so many bookmarks is just throw them in folders categorically (pictures here, videos here, etc).
With this though, it removes all the hastle for me by letting me sort by one thing, then sort again by another, different parameter (such as by name, then by visit date; or by URL, then by date bookmarked).
My only complaint is that I wish it had more detailed sorting options, such as letting me sort consecutively by 3 or more different things, such as by URL, then name, then date added. Other than that, I have no complaints as of yet, and I highly recommend it to others--especially since I found it intuitive enough to use easily and without issue.
I voted 4 stars, because of the lack of detailed/in-depth sorting options I wanted, but I don't imagine most people would want or need that much control, so for some it may even be a positive since they won't have to deal with more than they need to in order to use this.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThank you so much antoyo, my productivity has increased already
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenHas anyone else got this working on Mac OS X? Doesn't sort bookmarks. I'm on Mavericks 10.9.1.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenFinally my bookmarks are always sorted by name, even when I add a new bookmark into a subfolder - thanks a lot to antoyo!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenit is a nice app
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI need this-sync don't cut it. While sync copies bookmarks they're not in ordr after transfer.
Could you please make this work for Android FF 23.0?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI want a software for bulk add to Google Bookmarks, Can you tell which software?
- Bewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThis is a great idea, but I can't get it to work! I have it installed on Pale Moon 24.2.2, which uses the same basic engine as Firefox 24+.
I am only sorting bookmarks and unsorted bookmarks--no folders, etc. I have tried Auto Sort, and manual sort from the dropdown menu. I have tried 10 second delays, and no delay. I also tried closing and reopening Pale Moon. Still doesn't work.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenVery useful add-on. One question: can you add an option to sort tag folders alphabetically, and/or sort the bookmarks within tag folders alphabetically? That would be SO awesome since TagSieve is now broken in this regard.
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 Sternendear rasj , u can add delay to bookmarks and folders in addon settings
but uploader plz ,its nice addon ,but i dont want to sort folders ,just the bookmarks in them , plz add necessary option
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPlease, add an option to the "about:config" or to the interface to disable auto sort bookmarks when Firefox is opened! Because I have very many bookmarks and it's always hangs a few seconds. I think it's quite enough to have a button "Sort Bookmarks" for manually sorting all bookmaks if need, this realy needed only one time and after that sorting is needed only when bookmarks are added, changed, moved or deleted.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenOn October 31, 2013 FirefoxPremierUser said in the review of Auto-Sort Bookmarks "ABS is very nicely documented in English in a way that mere mortals like myself can understand--no programming or rocket science expertise to understand the docco. If you want to tweak the add-on to the max and you find you have a question, it is probably answered in the docco." Being another mere mortal but apparently lower on the Evolutionary tree I found no "docco".
I did find this; "This extension provides an icon to sort all bookmarks which can be added to a toolbar. To do so you must choose the Customize options in the context menu on the Firefox user Interface." WHAT?.... OK, I did figure out what all that meant, but only with a little luck and some reasoning. That piece of "docco" was imbedded in what I guess is an internal Firefox Add-On's tab. I would not have expected to find the instructions there and so I'm wondering if there is a more complete set somewhere else?
I installed the icon but when I clicked on it, it just did what the other embedded menu items did (sorted the bookmarks). None of the other menu items opened up an options window and I can't find anything explaining what the options do, remember, lower on the Evolutionary tree. I started out looking for an alphabetical sorter and that's what it does. I clicked one of the menu items hoping for the options window, instead I accidentally sorted the bookmarks. It seems to work fine, but I would like to know more about the other options. ThanksThe documentation is merely the description of the extension in the primary page of the extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/auto-sort-bookmarks/).
The options are at the same place for most extensions, i.e. in the add-ons manager which is accessible in the Firefox / Tools menu. In the add-ons manager, click on Extensions and then click on Preferences next to Auto-Sort Bookmarks. It will open the preferences of the extension.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenDoes not work on FF 25. Hoped to replace the excellent SortPlaces and SyncPlaces add-ons that are no longer maintained and compatible due to Mozilla found. policy change. Spent 25 mins trying to figure out errors in the Browser console or other extensions which could be preventing Auto-Sort Bookmarks 2.1 from functioning. No apparent error msg, no action, neither in automatic sorting mode, nor in manual one. Uninstalling, this was, sadly, just a waste of time.
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI used to LOVE this add-on, but it no longer works (For the last few versions of FF 22, 23, 24, etc. Can anyone tell me how to find whatever log files this extension might be creating so that I can figure out why this is no longer working? I have gone back to a previous version = 1.2 and it started working; but why???
- - -
(Note if you wish to communicate/troubleshoot via email, My address is firstname.lastname@example.org)
OK, here are the results with the Browser Console:
First Opening FireFox =
[12:59:43.151] Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. @ https://mozorg.cdn.mozilla.net/media/js/libs/jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
[12:59:43.151] Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true. @ https://mozorg.cdn.mozilla.net/media/js/libs/jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2
[13:00:03.022] GET https://mozorg.cdn.mozilla.net/media/fonts/OpenSans-Regular-webfont.woff?2013 [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 235ms]
Then the Script Busy Window opens...
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding....
- - -
- - -
Then another Script Busy Window...
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding....
- - -
- - -
[13:03:19.727] [Exception... "Could not convert Native argument arg 5 [nsIWindowWatcher.openWindow]" nsresult: "0x8057000a (NS_ERROR_XPC_BAD_CONVERT_NATIVE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/components/nsPrompter.js :: openModalWindow :: line 394" data: no] @ resource://gre/components/nsPrompter.js:394
Then Updated AutoSort Add-On to the latest version,
And Restart Firefox...
- - -
[13:12:18.079] Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/chrome.manifest'.
[13:12:18.209] Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Mozilla%20Firefox/browser/extensions/%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D/chrome.manifest'.
[13:12:18.213] While creating services from category 'profile-after-change', could not create service for entry 'Disk Space Watcher Service', contract ID '@mozilla.org/toolkit/disk-space-watcher;1'
[13:12:23.249] yield without a value is deprecated, and illegal in ES6 (use 'yield undefined' instead) @ resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/russell/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profilesemail@example.com!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://sortbookmarks-at-bouanto/autosortbookmarks/lib/bookmarks.js:407
[13:12:23.258] yield without a value is deprecated, and illegal in ES6 (use 'yield undefined' instead) @ resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/russell/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profilesfirstname.lastname@example.org!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://sortbookmarks-at-bouanto/autosortbookmarks/lib/bookmark-sorter.js:137
[13:12:23.258] yield without a value is deprecated, and illegal in ES6 (use 'yield undefined' instead) @ resource://gre/modules/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/russell/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profilesemail@example.com!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://sortbookmarks-at-bouanto/autosortbookmarks/lib/bookmark-sorter.js:140
[13:12:23.967] Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="r" modifiers="accel alt " @ chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
[13:12:23.967] Key event not available on some keyboard layouts: key="s" modifiers="accel alt shift" @ chrome://browser/content/browser.xul
[13:12:32.772] 1385068352772 Services.HealthReport.HealthReporter WARN No prefs data found.Hi.
You can view the log in the Firefox browser console (CTRL-Shift-J):
try sorting bookmarks using this extension while checking the console.
Please tell me any errors/warnings related to Auto-Sort Bookmarks so I can fix these.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI installed ASB 2.1 on Firefox 25, enabled the Autosort option, and like magic, it sorted all 50 or so of my bookmarks folders and subfolders in a few seconds. Would have taken me half an hour or more to do manually. I was happy to see that it did not sort my bookmarks toolbar. Thanks ASB
I think the reviewers who give it one star, should try reinstalling or contact the author to work out what is the problem before downrating it!
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI am currently running Firefox v25.0 (FF) and Auto-Sort Bookmarks v2.1 (ASB).
I finally became frustrated just enough with FF's inadequate bookmarking and the tedious sorting that was heavily manual that I decided to give ASB a go round. I have tested all of the bells and whistles that it currently offers and have found nothing less than a perfectly operating as advertised FF Add-on.
There are enough options so I was able to select and tweak my bookmarks until I found the exact sort order that suited my needs. I also tested each of the existing options and found that they all performed as I expected them to function.
I am certainly not a sort-order guru that needs to sort my bookmarks in the way I would perhaps need to sort a spreadsheet on a number of columns, but if I was, ASB would let me do that too.
ASB is very nicely documented in English in a way that mere mortals like myself can understand--no programming or rocket science expertise to understand the docco. If you want to tweak the add-on to the max and you find you have a question, it is probably answered in the docco.
Give it a try, it works very nicely! The add-on seems like it was very well thought out from implementation all the way through documentation. I will probably never disable this add-on because it serves too useful a purpose that I've always wanted to have in FF but never did until now.
Kudos to the developer for sharing this very useful (no-restart required) add-on, I certainly appreciate it and I am sure that each and every one of the more than 22,000 users do too!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenUsing FF 24. This extension no longer sorts the bookmarks!
- Bewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI hate what it did to my bookmarks. How can it be reversed. Please helpYou may use the automatic bookmarks backup made by Firefox to revert to your old bookmarks.
By the way, what was wrong with the sorting made by the extension?
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenIt was great when it last worked somewhere around FF 21.Upgrading to FF 22, 23 & 24 see's it never working since.Time to uninstall I guess, waste of ram having it now.Its a pity, was very usefull..
I just went through & turned off all my extensions EXCEPT this & wadya know it kicked in..
I have'nt added or removed any extensions through numerous Firefox upgrades so obviously one of them now conflicts that formerly did'nt.. but which one?
- Bewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenWhile it worked!I don't know when it happened as I very rarely add or delete any bookmarks but today I deleted a few 'oldies' and moved a few misplaced ones and noticed that they were not alphabetized as they should have been. I restarted FF and checked the settings in Auto-Sort, nothing was amiss. It just stopped working so I removed it. I might try it again in a few months if there is an update.
EDIT in answer to developer:
I am currently using FF 23.0.1 and I use Windows 7 Pro 64bit
I had set no delay and checked the settings to make sure
There were no errors in the console, everything seemed fine
Only the bookmarks and folders were to be sorted and not the toolbar.
However, like I said, it has been a long time since I changed any of my bookmarks so this could have happened quite a while ago, all of them were still alphabetically organized, except the ones I moved and new ones added.
I just re-installed it did the settings I had before and it did not sort the bookmarks, also did not sort any new ones I added as a test.
All my setting as follows:
Auto-sort - onDelay - 0
Delay for Folders - 30
Sort Bookmarks Menu - on
Sort Bookmarks Toolbar - off
Sort Unsorted Bookmarks - on
Sort by - Name
Inverse - off
Then Sort By None
Inverse second order - off
Folder Sort Order - 3
Linkmark Sort Order - 2
Smart Bookmark Sort Order - 4
Bookmark Sort Order - 1
all display options are selected as onWhich Firefox version and operating system do you use?
Do you know there is now a delay before sorting bookmarks and folder?
Did you wait for this delay (or did you adjust the delay)?
Are there any errors in the firefox console related to this extension?
- Bewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFor the most part this is a great add-on. It works as advertised.
However, I wish there was an option to exclude certain folders, or custom options for certain folders. For the most part I prefer to sort by alphabetical order, however on some folders I would prefer to either not sort or sort on most used.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis extension works great. I have been manually sorting my bookmarks. Now it is done automatically. I have used it and must say it sorts correctly. There are many options to tailor this extension to do almost everything you need it to do. Give it a try.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI'm so glad there is a functioning replacement for SortPlaces. I was completely addicted to it. The most important thing for me is the ability to sort by URL, so items from the same site are grouped together. All Firefox has built in is sorting by name, which is pathetic. Firefox should really come with more bookmark sorting options. I actually don't use the auto-sort behavior, but the ability to sort them on demand is critical. Two suggestions: 1. A message that tells you when sorting is completed. 2. More levels of sorting. Currently there are only two.
- Bewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenGreat Add-On as a replacement for SortPlaces (since version 2.0.2)! Works great under FF 23 as described.
Suggestion: Please add an option for excluding specified folders.