Bewertet mit 4,4 von 5 Sternen
4,4 von 5 Sternen
- von Andralon, vor 13 TagenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternensince the 'show all tabs' arrow only appears if 17 or more tabs are open, and can't be locked, this add-on is a life saver.
and it provides so much more.
it's an amazin add-on
- von Miss Ann Thropist, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenATH V1.2.18 (updated to 1 Jun 20)
FF V77 and 77.0.1 (updated to 4 Jun 20)
1. Since these FF updates ATH displays a blank panel, ie. it is not registering there are tabs open
2. Additionally, ATH Settings have been reset (size, theme, etc.)
Prior to these FF updates ATH was working fine. Other Add-ons are also not displaying properly since these FF updates. Another great job from Mozilla!!
ATH would be 5-star if it had a badge showing number of tabs open.
- von miguelk, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenVery nice! Compact and minimal, however, it doesn't show the number of open tabs over the All Tabs Helper icon. This is a real killer. Please add this. Thank you.
"5 stars" when it shows the number of open tabs over the All Tabs Helper icons...
- von andrey , vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternenexcellent extension! i have one feature request however- please make it toggle its light/dark mode along with the rest of firefox on mac os. you can detect whether the system is in dark mode with css- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme
this is relatively easy to do with user css as well- here's a pastebin with the code- https://pastebin.com/9X13BaUg
but it would still be nice to have it auto switch by default.Thanks for your suggestion. However as not all users want ATH color theme synced with FF color theme, I prefer to keep the ATH color theme as a standalone option in ATH preferences. And as constantly switching back and forth between color themes would be an edge case, I care not to add the complexity to support both options.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 11640498, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAt the options is possible to customize the "browserAction popup" width. But please Kevin, how can I increase the pop-up height? Thank youATH has been updated (version 1.2.17) with an option to set the popup height. See ATH Preferences > Appearance. Note that the maximum height is 600px, a limitation set by Firefox.
- von Luke, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenHighly configurable but lightweight, with a lot of useful functionality. One of the best addons I use.
Biggest problem used to be that scrolling was very slow but most recent update fixed it, so thanks!
Some minor issues:
- Full view mode doesn't work in private windows
- When "typing initiate filter/search" is set and ATH sidebar is opened, the search box isn't automatically focused like it should be
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 Monaten"When "typing initiate filter/search" is set and ATH sidebar is opened, the search box isn't automatically focused like it should be"
One needs to focus the sidebar (by clicking on it) in order for the sidebar to capture keystrokes. This is an implementation detail of Firefox, and needs to be this way else you wouldn't be able to type into a form on a webpage for example.
Focus is either on the webpage or the sidebar, can't have both.
- von Migo, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPretty good for working with many tabs!!
I agree with User circcc:
"Please support Speaker icon that muting/unmuting playing tabs in the list.
You can refer to the code from "see all tabs (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/see-all-tabs/) that support it."
- von circcc, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 Sternen1.Please support Speaker icon that muting/unmuting playing tabs in the list.
You can refer to the code from "see all tabs (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/see-all-tabs/) that support it.
2.playing audio view (like all/recent/dups/search)
You can refer to the code from "600% Sound Volume (https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/600-sound-volume/) that support it.
- von joefiesta, vor 4 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAwesome. Very well documented. Would like to see the tabs numbered in some of the menus, since I can CTRL+n (number) to Switch tabs. Multi-window mode works fine for me!
- von Namecito, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenInitially installed as an alternative to the lack of a close button on Firefox sidebar tab, it turned out to have a lot more of useful functions.
Now, I would like to know if there's an option for having the current tab shown when either the pop up or the sidebar is prompted and All is selected, because since I have an indecent amount of open tabs I have to scroll down a lot to go to the current tab. Maybe in the CSS?
Edit: Thanks! That did it!
- von fireside, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThe instructions are baffling, and need to be rewritten more simply. But the addon does the main thing I want. It provides a list of all the tabs in all the browser windows.
Let me save you some time. Go to:
Tools menu > Addons > Extensions > All Tabs Helper > Options > Appearance section.
There you can increase the "BrowserAction popup width" with the arrow to a maximum of 600 pixels. This is the width of the popup list that shows up when clicking the addon icon. This makes the list wider and more easily scannable. If you click in the form, you can type in an even larger width up to 800 pixels before the list width maxes out on my monitors: 2560x1440 and 1920x1080.
In the "Multi-window" section check the box for "Enable multi-window mode".
Also, in that section check the box for "List host windows tab first".
Those 2 changes put all tabs from all browser windows in the list. It puts the tabs from the current window at the top.
- von Wavemaker, vor 6 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis addon is incredibly useful to gain an overview of my bucket loads of open tabs. It's stable and reliable.
One thing that does make using this addon a little bit difficult though, is the small font size, Despite having chosen the option "Use larger text and menu items" the fonts are still very small to me.
(Would anyone know if it's perhaps possible to adjust the font size myself via about:config or something? Does anyone know of a fix or hack? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller??)
A requested feature would be to be able to close tabs in the various menus and popups using middle click. (Again, because the close "x" is very little.)
Despite the minor issue with font size, I'm really grateful for this addon and it's the best tab manager I've tried. I'm giving it 5 stars because the plusses far outway the minusses and the font thing is, technically, an issue with my eyes more than with the addon itself, I guess. ¯\(©¿©) /¯
Thank you Kevin Jones, for making this addon. It's made my tab-hoarding life a little easier. :)
EDIT: (REPLY TO DEVELOPER):
Thank you SO much!! That suggestion was immensely helpful and I also managed to tweak a few other settings while I was at it! Everything is perfect as can be now. Thank you! :D
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 6 MonatenThanks for the kind review. You should be able to make the font size larger if you are CSS savvy, and use the "Custom CSS" panel in ATH Preferences. If you click the "View help" button, it will give you guidance as to the appropriate classes to use. If you run into trouble, or are not familiar with coding CSS, give me a ring and I'll try to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
- von Mason Osborn, vor 7 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenPretty good, very useful for managing tabs. Only problem is the scrolling is a little buggy when my mouse is directly over the list. If my mouse is on the scroll bar it's fine.
- von Firefoss, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenIt works great BUT...
The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.
Thank you very much for the reply.
That permission is scary, and for good reason.
I am not able to understand the source code, which would require much time on every update, anyway.
Without that permission, it would be perfect.
Even if that should require to remove some features.
Anyway, you made an open source addon which works great.
And you read the feedback.
Therefore I give you my compliments and raise the score to four stars.
I am sorry for myself, because I won't be using such a useful addon.
Thank you very much for your work :)Yes, the user is notified of that upon installation and has the choice to install or not install. The addon page explains the reason for this permission.
So why the vindictive rating then?
The particular permission to which you refer, "read the content of any web page" is needed in order to search tabs content in the "Search all tabs" feature.
For the record, ATH does not modify any part of any page for spoofing, nor scavenge any user input, in order learn any user information, including but not limited to passwords etc.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 15324470, vor 8 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenFont-size is tiny by default and cannot be increased. Please provide an option for increasing the size so we may be able to read the tab list better.
- von Nibinaear, vor 9 MonatenBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenThere are no instructions of how to use the extension.
All I can find is Copy all tab urls from toolbar, or suspend from the right click menu on each tab.
In response to the developer:
The information on about:addons just shows the same information as the page on addons.mozilla.org, it doesn't show where to find the buttons for it.
I thought the sidebar was just a bookmarks list, which I've never used. You can get bookmarks from the address bar so why use a sidebar for them? I've never seen an addon work from there before.
The screenshots showed a menu system but it was not clear where that menu system could be found which is why I had trouble using the extension.
I've used Frefox for at least 10years and feel that I know a lot about it compared to most.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 9 MonatenOn the addon main page, under "About this extension":
"The ATH UI can be accessed 3 ways: In the sidebar, from the toolbar button popup, or in the full view window. Each UI provides 4 different views: .... etc etc etc"
(I don't provide instructions on how to use basic Firefox function, such as using the sidebar or using the toolbar buttons as I expect users to already know how to use Firefox.)
...along with the 19 screenshots which give descriptive images and detailed text for the use of each function.
For all addons that use a toolbar drop-down menu Firefox places a button in the toolbar, appearing with the addon's icon. Look for the button with the ATH icon (the big blue "A".)
For all addons that use the sidebar Firefox places the addon's listing in the sidebar menu (View > Sidebar.)
Using ATH in the sidebar allows the menu to be viewed at all times, whereas using the toolbar button drop-down is ad hoc.
- von Gomain, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenI've been using this add-on for years and mostly it's such a time-saver & productivity boost, kudos to the developers, but! This add-on SERIOUSLY LACKS SHORTCUT KEYS! There is absolutely no way to do the simplest use-case of 1) access the tab list (then) 2. search for desired tab (then) 3. switch to one-of-the found tab(s) (done) without touching the mouse. FF's built-in search tab feature (start typing in the location bar with '% ') is now my goto mouseless-switch-tab-solution.
- von Montgomery Minds, vor 10 MonatenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenThis is what I wanted. Just a way to see all my tabs organized by window, and click on them. I use it for finding windows/tabs I'm looking for, checking if I still have them opened, and looking for windows I no longer need and can close. I tired also TabSearch which is good (if you remember enough of what it's called to search for it, but does not give you an overview) and Tab Session Manager (which also saves them, which I guess is good, and you can list the most recent save, or do a save right now and it will list it, but small window, lots of scrolling, and you can't navigate to them from that list). So All Tabs Helper does what I want.
Original review Aug, 2019.
EDIT 04/11/2020: I use this ALL the time. It's a workhorse. I currently have open 679 tabs in 172 windows! (679/172)
Bonus features I've discovered:
1. Right click on the window title and change the title. Helps keep organized. I found this by accident.
2. I'm using the Windows 10 "desktops" feature. Clicking to select a tab opens it even in a different desktop.
REQUESTS (Because there's no use looking for another extension that has all this plus the few things I need):
1. I have 172 windows. The windows-only view of the pop-up lists only about 30. I can't scroll it. The full-windows view does provide a better overall overview, but does not have an only-windows view. I need a way to see all my windows so that I can name them uniquely.
2. Now that I've started renaming windows, it'd be nice to search by window name as well.
3. The feature of hovering over a tab and it showing the full title and full URL is not working for me. Nothing pops up.
But I can't complain. This All Tabs Helper is true to its name. It helps me A LOT!!!