- von Andre Bell, vor 2 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenA number of sites load their pages with tons of videos, self loading audio podcasts, and boatloads of images that it makes reading the content unbearable. Your add-on instantly toggles reader view for me with a simple click. It is working. Thx
- von John Wayne Goodin, vor 3 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenClearly one of the most powerful and easy to use Readers for Firefox you can get. Control all the features right in the extension's left hand panel. No need to go anywhere else just to control features. Would like however to be able to call it up from the right click context menu in addition to the toolbar icon. Just makes it a little bit simpler to get access.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13784714, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenPerfect, it show me a site in a smaller column, it makes easier for my eyes to jump from a line to the following line. Again, perfect
- von baltimore-recyclers, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenI like to read news, but news sites are rife with advertisements and videos.
It's a minor thing if your are going down the highway, and as you get a near a town you start seeing billboards. But what if you had to slow down, stop and detour around billboards just to get past the town? It's a damn shame, but that's what the internet has become with all of the advertisement spending.
At least with television, when the show starts, the advertisements have to wait.
Firefox's reader mode is a good remedy for all that malarkey. Problem is, on more than a few sites, reader mode won't work or doesn't work correctly. This add-on resolves that very nicely.
Thanks, very much, for a nice add-on.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 13500696, vor 4 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenIt works perfectly, but after the quantum update it stopped working...
I tried firefox nightly 59.0a1 version with this 0.1.0 it work on some site with reader view availability but it will not FORCE the site....
Unlike the older version such as 0.0.7 which uses the code about:reader?url= which will FORCE the page into reader view mode...
I hope there will be an update to FORCE reader view mode on the new firefox
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 4 JahrenHi, thanks for the feedback!
Yes, you are right, I haven't noticed that: The new WebExtensions API for the reader mode does not allow pages to be forced into reader mode.
I wrote to the API developer, let's hope that this behaviour will change: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286387#c16
[edit 2017-12-5] Alright, behaviour will be changed, only a matter of time now!