- von ToG, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenI used to love 1 password, however I'm not convinced by the recent move to an entirely browser based solution. Following an update ot the Mac app yesterday, this add-on just stopped prompting for TouchID, and kept asking for my password (which I fail t trust when it asks for it in the browser!). Turns out I had to restart (browser of laptop, o'm not sure, as I rebooted). It would have been nive to see some kind of notification advising this was required, as without it I just thought that the upgrade had broken the add-on.
All seems to be working again now after the reboot, but I find recent 1password developmnent direction disappointing, what with the news that the native Mac app is being dropped in v8.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 21 TagenHey ToG,
Sorry to hear you encountered a little trouble after updating.
1Password in your browser requires a secure connection to the desktop app, and it sounds like that connection was broken when the app updated.
That is something we’re definitely working on improving, and is already showing great results in 1Password 8 on all platforms!
Thank you kindly for the feedback and input here, much appreciated. We’re working extremely hard to make sure 1Password 8 is the best 1Password ever, regardless of it being native or not. :)
The 1Password team.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16997794, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThe 1Password app and product is great and I've been a user for years and years. However, the latest browser extensions are far too invasive, often blocking the label of the field I'm trying to enter text by hand. E V E R Y field that I am trying to type in. Also, the password generator suggestion does not use the formula that you have in the application, and there seems to be no way to change it in the extension. Please bring back the more user-controlled experience of the previous extension!Hey there,
Thank you kindly for your review and feedback!
If 1Password shows up in places you don’t want it to, you can easily dismiss it by pressing ESC on your keyboard or by clicking the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field.
You can also go into the extension’s settings page and turn off the “Show autofill menu on field focus”, which will prevent 1Password from showing up on its own completely.
If you want to set your own passwords formula, you need to do so in the extension itself and not in the desktop app. Here’s how:
Click the extension on the top right corner of your browser to open it, select the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu and choose the “Password Generator”.
While in the generator, change the password type from “Smart Password” to “Random Password”, adjust the recipe as you see fit and when you’re happy with it, make it the default recipe for suggestions. Then 1Password will always suggest passwords based on the recipe you set up.
If you require further assistance with anything, feel free to email us to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
- von JT, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 1 von 5 Sternen1Password has started to interfere with basic fill fields that have drop-down or accordion expansion functionality. For example, if you got to https://www.sonic.com and type into the address field, it gives you options to pick from. However, the 1Password dialogue box pops up and prevents you from both reading the first few options and from making an actual selection. This is infuriating, and it now happens CONSTANTLY. Modern web apps frequently force you to make a valid selection from their lists rather than letting you fill in whatever you want, and not being able to read those lists, let alone make a selection, renders 1Password completely unusable because it interferes with basic web browsing functionality. Please fix this ASAP. As it stands I'm already planning on going back to LastPass once my 1Password subscription runs out. It was already annoying that I couldn't do something as basic as update the parameters for auto-generated passwords in the dialogue box. Now that same under-featured dialogue box is preventing me from doing something simple like filling in an address field.Hey JT,
You can easily dismiss 1Password’s suggestion if it is blocking your view by pressing the ESC key on your keyboard or by clicking the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field. That would allow you to see whatever is behind it easily.
Thank you for providing that website as an example. 1Password does suggest identity items there that will allow you to fill your address in a jiffy, but we can definitely understand if you’d rather manually input your details here.
Another suggestion we can make is that you go into the extension’s settings page and turn off the “Show autofill menu on field focus”, which will prevent 1Password from showing up on its own in every field. That might enhance your experience.
As for the issue with changing the auto-generated password parameters - you can definitely do that too! Click the extension on the top right corner of your browser to open it, select the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu and choose the “Password Generator”.
While in the generator, change the password type from “Smart Password” to “Random Password”, adjust the recipe as you see fit and when you’re happy with it, make it the default recipe for suggestions. Then 1Password will always suggest passwords based on the recipe you set up!
I hope you’ll find all of the above helpful. If you have any other issues or simply would like to learn more tips and tricks, feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
- von bogart27, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenI've been using 1Password for years and years. The way it now hijacks my autofill in Firefox has made it unusable. I have to disable it to get it to stop - which is the worst.
Please add an option to use my Firefox autofill, but allow the add-on to be enabled. It's bonkers that I can't do this.Hey bogart27,
While 1Password was never intended to use alongside another password manager such as your browser’s built-in autofill, you can definitely still work with both if you’d like!
Simply right click the extension’s icon on the top right corner of your browser and select “Settings”, then in the settings page turn off the “Make 1Password the default password manager”. That will allow you to turn on Firefox’s autofill.
In addition, We’d recommend disabling the “Show autofill menu on field focus” option as well, so 1Password’s suggestions won’t block your browser’s autofill suggestions.
If you require further assistance with this, please do email us to email@example.com
- von willy-style, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 2 von 5 SternenMiss the classic add on, but it doesn't work well anymore.
I use 1password extensively and couldn't get through a day without it. I haven't got the faintest clue why it's so hard to get the classic version to work anymore.
I hate editing passwords in a new tab instead of on my local computer. I hate having separate sessions in my browser and not being able to use my fingerprint or watch to unlock my browser extension.
This version is a MAJOR downgrade from the 'classic' extension. Agilebits, I'm disappointed.Hey there,
This new extension should connect to the desktop app on your computer just as the classic extension did, and allow you to edit items without opening new tabs and unlock with biometrics!
It sounds like there’s an issue with your setup that we would definitely like to help you troubleshoot until things are working as expected! Please do email us all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16992426, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenHate the new version. I don't want to log in to the 1password website. I don't want the plug-in to spawn a new tab. Hoping the old version still works...Hey there,
If you have the 1Password desktop app installed, and have a 1Password.com account in it, you don’t need to log into the website or spawn a new tab.
The extension will only spawn a login tab if it can’t find the desktop app. In case you do have the app installed, feel free to email us so we can troubleshoot this with you.
- von Firefox-Benutzer 16988407, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 1 von 5 SternenRequires account to use which makes it useless for local 1Password app.Hey there,
This extension always required an account as it connects to our servers instead of reading data from the desktop app. There are quite a few advantages to that, including the ability to use the extension even if you don’t have the desktop app installed at all!
If you still have local vaults in the desktop app, you’ll want to install 1Password Classic in your browser instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/
- von Cringe-O-Meter, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThis is a very good app, but a recent update has left it very annoying. When entering a username or something else, sometimes I want to use the autofill feature native to the browser. 1Password, unfortunately, overlays itself right over any of the autofill options. If I press the down arrow, my entries are then directed to a 1Password pop-up and removed from the spot I am trying to fill.
This would be better if the pop-up simply appeared in the top right with the icon instead of overlaying the autofill area. Pressing the down arrow to get to 1Password should also be removed. This app will be just fine and good if they can change that.Hey there,
1Password was designed to be the only password manager in your browser, so utilizing another password manager (such as the browser’s built-in autofill) will definitely cause some conflict, which is why we recommend disabling it: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/
In case you do wish to keep using your browser’s built in autofill, you can go into the extension’s settings page and turn off the “Show autofill menu on field focus”, which will prevent 1Password from showing up automatically inside/under fields. :)
- von rubenwardy, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenBest password manager I've found. Clean UI, especially with the recent New Item modal redesignHey rubenwardy,
Thanks for the awesome review!
We’re stoked that you’re loving 1Password so much. Thanks for sharing it with everyone :)
The 1Password Team.
- von Michael, vor einem MonatBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenThe extension was great until an update a month or two ago. It now synchronizes with the desktop app which is nice, but the change brought with it some annoying issues. Opening the extension when not already unlocked now regularly takes >5s. There will be no indication that it registered your keypress, so I often find myself clicking it repeatedly because I think I missed the button, which probably makes it worse.
Much worse than that is that every now and then when submitting my master password to unlock the extension it will get hung up in some processing state where it won't respond until Firefox is completely restarted. Given that I often have a lot of tabs open that I'm not ready to close, this just leads me to not use 1password at all when this happens.
1password used to be one of those tools I never had to worry about. Recently my main feeling towards it has been frustration, which is disappointing given how good of a tool it is otherwise.Hey Michael,
Thanks for taking the time to write this review!
We are aware of certain delays that can occur in specific setups and are working on improving this.
For now, if the issue is unbearable, feel free to disable the integration in the extension’s settings. Right click the extension’s icon on the top right corner of your browser and select “Settings”, then turn off the “Integrate with 1Password app” option.
That will allow you to avoid the delay time caused by the desktop app’s unlock sequence.
Our apologies for the inconvenience. Keep your apps up to date and stay tuned for fixes and improvements! :)
If you’d like to help us with this, we’d really appreciate it if you can reproduce the issue, generate a diagnostics report immediately after and send it over to us to email@example.com with a short description of the problem. Here’s how to generate a diagnostics report: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/
Thank you kindly,
The 1Password team.
- von AD, vor 2 MonatenBewertet mit 3 von 5 SternenNot user friendly to install and get started.
Antwort des Entwicklersgeschrieben am vor 2 MonatenHey there AD,
We’d love to hear your feedback, where exactly you found things difficult/confusing and any other input you may have!
Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep improving the experience and simplicity of 1Password!
Thank you kindly.