Bewertet mit 4,6 von 5 Sternen
4,6 von 5 Sternen
- von Andrew, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAs everyone else has said, this does exactly what it says on the tin. I got this after Firefox started defaulting to google.com, which is not great for localised news / law / shopping searches. I've just discovered that I can set this to be the default search engine in the address bar too: go to about:config and change
browser.search.defaultenginename to Google UK - the web
which particularly frustrated me after Firefox broke the Ctrl+E shortcut (though I've just found a plugin to change that too). Happy now. :)
- von Firefox-Benutzer 5756317, vor 8 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenJust what I wanted. There must be millions of people who don't realise their searches could be more nationally specific and not resticted to uk sites only. Amazing that this is tucked away and not known about more.
- von BazzaDP, vor 9 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenLove it - does exactly what I want it to do!
Obviously only useful for UK users, but then again default you get without this is (to me) only useful for US users.
- von Ben Park, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenYES! I seem to have spent ages fighting with it.
The other UK-ones (because they only return UK results), fail to recognise that Wikipedia even exists.
BUT with the default Google search set on Firefox, when you search for "apple imac", you get a load of US prices in the shopping section.
This resolves those issues.
- von markyb, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenAbout time - was going crazy since my nearest corporate VPN server is in Amsterdam so all search requests going via google.nl and returning back in Dutch. This is saving me from a lot of hassle
- von fastfourier, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 Sternensimple but effective. when travelling, this stops the normal google.com toolbar search from redirecting to the polish version, for example. Blinder.
- von Jeremy , vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 5 von 5 SternenA known problem with the search bar for Google is its automatic default to local languages, even when Google's language preferences are set to English. Adding this little tool sorts the problem instantly!
- von MattWalker, vor 10 JahrenBewertet mit 4 von 5 SternenThanks for this search add-on, at first if I wasn’t sure if it worked because of a installation warning but it does work and is quite useful.