Om denne tilføjelse
- Do without the add-on for a while. If you used Saved Password Editor, you have already been using the built-in password manager, which still allows you to see and, to some extent, edit your existing passwords. When Firefox prompts for it, you can still save new passwords, as well.
- Switch to Firefox ESR, which is currently on version 52 and will remain so until version 59 is released (but will still be supported for 12 weeks after that).
- Downgrade to version 56, and turn off auto-updates until this issue is resolved.
- Try out Pale Moon, which will not be using WebExtensions. Thus, many of the "legacy" extensions work on it. I made Classic Password Editor for non-Firefox applications, and it includes support for Pale Moon.
This extension allows you to enter data into the Password Manager database instead of relying on Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, etc., to do it, as well as making changes to existing entries. For web forms, the typical usage is as follows:
- Navigate to the page containing the login form.
- Right-click on one of its fields and select from among "Save login info" (to create a new entry), "Edit login info", and "Delete login info".
- If another popup appears, select the username for the entry you want to operate on.
- If adding a new entry, everything except the username and password should be filled in automatically. Fill in anything that is missing or incorrect.
- If adding or editing an entry, reload the page or return later. If the form doesn't get autofilled, most likely the page is asking the browser not to autofill it by declaring autocomplete="off". Try clicking twice on the username field and selecting from the dropdown list. There is a video demonstrating this workaround.
A short tutorial video is available.
If you need support, please go to the support web site I have listed or email me (link on the details page, next to this description). Never use a review for this, as I have no real way of contacting you. For anything else, please see the Developer Comments near the bottom of the details page.
Bitcoin donations to 3CT1qTKyVm9wcLRnjx8UVezn67UqC6FzN7
Litecoin donations to LUvx4oc5AcPeJkmFV59ygzQrot2gYbwxMC
Currently supported applications: Firefox, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, and Conkeror.
If you find this add-on useful, you might find QuickPasswords useful as well. For those more stubborn sites where the Password Manager and this add-on completely fail, try iMacros for Firefox.
Logo/icon by PlastikManiac — thanks.
You can find the source code repository at GitHub. To report bugs, you may use the issue tracker there, or just use the support email link in the "About this add-on" section. Please email me for any other support requests.
Translations welcome. I have submitted this to BabelZilla, so I encourage you to use it to contribute (you'll need to register an account if you don't have one). The relevant thread is at http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6024 (note: this is for discussing translations, not general support; for that, see the "E-mail your question" link on this page).
- bg: "ExaFlop", "arris", "pl99"
- de: "/usr/bin/tux"
- dsb: "milupo"
- el: George Malamas "Grg68"
- eo: "milupo"
- es-ES: Ricardo A. Rivas
- fi: "Jiipee"
- fr: "Goofy", BlackJack
- hsb: "milupo"
- hu: MIKES KASZMÁN István "Cashman"
- id-ID: "XCen"
- it: Leopoldo Saggin "topoldo"
- ja: Masahiko Imanaka "mar"
- nl: "markh"
- pl: Marcin Borowczyk "MarcinB"
- pt-BR: Edgard Dias Magalhaes "edgard.magalhaes", Marco Aurélio Krause "ouesten"
- pt-PT: Carlos Simão "lloco"
- ru: Pyriatynskyi Vytalyi "PiVV"
- sl-SI: Peter Klofutar "Klofutar"
- sr: "DakSrbija", "Rancher"
- sv-SE: Mikael Hiort af Ornäs "Lakrits"
- tr: Anil Kilic - www.guncem.net "ua_anil", "nikneyim", "omrakin"
- uk: "zint"
- vi: Nguyễn Hoàng Long at timelinelive.blogspot.com "longnh"
- zh-CN: "Loviny", "yfdyh000", "arris", Wang.H.K "whknnn"
- zh-TW: "Velociraptor"