Bedømt til 4,7 ud af 5
Bedømt til 4,7 ud af 5
- af ZoomerBoomer, 10 minutter sidenBedømt til 1 ud af 5This ad-blocker was great UNTIL the latest update, asking for my IP address and hostname. The whole point of an ad-blocker is to limit my information from being sold. And now the ad-blocker is selling my information. That's a big NOPE from me. Finding myself a new ad-blocker and I suggest everyone else does too.
- af Константин, 2 timer sidenBedømt til 1 ud af 5Зачем-то просит IP адрес. И после этого все равно еще находится в рекомендованных. Firefox, или признайте, что вы продались полностью, или удаляйте расширение из рекомендованных!!!
For everyone, who says that giving access to IP address is normal or really needed, I'm not a programmer or professional user, but WE ARE NOT SO STUPID TO BELIEVE YOU!!!
- af Firefox-bruger 13581701, 3 timer sidenBedømt til 5 ud af 5I gave a 1* but have changed it, its not Ray's fault, like others have mentioned do your research.
- af Firefox-bruger 15043717, 6 timer sidenBedømt til 1 ud af 5Used to be pretty great... but the latest update, as you may have noticed, asks for your IP address and computer name.
You are NOT getting that information. I'll find a new adblocker.
- af Firefox-bruger 13221270, 6 timer sidenBedømt til 1 ud af 5Ask for your IP and device name in last update, unacceptable. Looks like another good ad blocker gone astray. RIP. Deleting (PS: they started 5star upvoting their changes rapidly after this privacy invasion, beware)
- af scrub, 8 timer sidenBedømt til 5 ud af 5Signed up specifically to leave this review after seeing the nonsense 1 star reviews in response to permissions prompt from the latest update. Per the other comments, READ THE RELEASE NOTES.
This is a fantastic add-on and Raymond Hill is an absolute champion. This project refuses donations and instead urges users wishing to offer their support to donate instead to the maintainers of open source filter lists, contrast this with say Adblock Plus and its "Acceptable ads" program which involves charging large institutions fees to whitelist their advertising.
Don't be a muppet and post knee-jerk 1-star reviews for an app which has done so much to keep the internet USABLE for so many of us. Do your research.
- af Firefox-bruger 14054604, 8 timer sidenBedømt til 5 ud af 5Still a great add-on. Regarding the recent update requiring IP and hostname permissions, see the dev's official statement on this below:
uBO requires a new permission, dns, which is required to solve issue 780. This may triggers a new permission warning from Firefox when uBO updates to the latest dev build, specifically 'Access IP address and hostname information', even though this was already possible for uBO to access that information (through the webRequest API)"
- af Dan, 10 timer sidenBedømt til 1 ud af 5DO NOT INSTALL THIS ADD-ON, it will steal private information from your device(s). There is absolutely no reason for this add-on to need your IP address and hostname.