- Bedømt til 3 ud af 5af jddj, 9 måneder sidenYeah, update: I'm out - uninstalling. I cannot stand having to delete the STG folder from my desktop every day I turn my computer on. The bit of good I get from this extension is not worth the hassle.
Pretty good, but ONE MADDENING THING! it covers my desktop with STG-backups-FF folders. Wish I could select someplace these should go. I hate having to toss them daily.
It's also easy to forget STG is there - that's not necessarily a bad thing: it's not intrusive other than the backups. But it's hard to get the value if you forget you have the groups, or go on using your default tab group like it's the only set of tabs available.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 15334684, 9 måneder sidenGreat app except when it stops working. I had many tabs wonderfully organized and then it stopped working on one of my two computers where I had FF synced. I uninstalled and there goes all the grouping. No more of this app and the bugs.
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 17899308, 9 måneder sidenThis is great for keeping things organized and manageable. I've used STG for years and it's worked perfectly. Recently I've been loving it because I've been into customizing Firefox, and I've found that it mostly plays well with Tree Style Tab, Multi-Account Containers, and Containerise (all also very useful). STG is an awesome extension.
- Bedømt til 3 ud af 5af Ein Benutzer, 9 måneder sidenFunctionally working, but intransparent w.r.t. behavioral details especially when restoring a group.
What is really stupid and borderline insane is the folder-spam where the extension starts to write backups into the download folder. Imagine other applications would do this by default - your download folder would be a crowded mess with thousands of files spamming everywhere.
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5af bernd_b, 9 måneder sidenThanks to simple Tab Groups, I am back from vivaldi to firefox.
I took a few efforts to get used to it, but now I am at ease with both concepts.
Thanks to the backup function of Simple Tab Groups, I was able to export my tabs from the Firefox developper edition to the stable branch.
Very nice to have this flexibility.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Colopatiron, 9 måneder sidenTerrible UI, terrible UX, just a terrible extension all in all. Firefox devs should implement its own native tab grouping solution so users don't have to resort to using garbage.
This extension sends you annoying Windows notifications every time you move a tab to another group. And no, you can't turn this off. It also automatically downloads files and saves them in your Downloads directory without your permission.
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5af Pablo Vieira, 9 måneder sidenThere's nothing "simple" about this extension. It's complex and mostly confusing. Here are a few suggestions:
- Have default groups coincide with native multi-account containers.
- Clean the dropdown menu to choose group. It's so busy it's not usable.
- Create sane defaults and avoid three pages of settings at all costs.
In other words: design the UX yourself, don't defer this design to users putting every imaginable option under the sun everywhere.