Google Search is a nice tool for IT age. also I am using Google Search in every seconds.
But there is a clever trick.
Search results will appear in a normal link.
However, behind the scenes, redirect for tracking is embedded.
This addon will remove such embedded tracking when click a link in Google Search and open a link directly.
Remove tracking(redirect) Quickly(no contents rewrite) and Simple(rewrite tracking URL in HTTP request) on
- Google Search
- Google Custom Search (since version 1.3)
- Google Images (since version 1.3)
- Google Maps (since version 1.4)
- Google News (since version 1.5)
Remove tracking is performed in the following four patterns.
1. Left-click a link to open in that window.
2. Right-click on a link to open in a new tab.
3. Right-click on a link to open in a new window.
4. Copy a link and paste it into the URL bar.
And remove tracking supports nomal HTTP request and secure HTTP request (https).
For protect your privacy, I recommend you to use Google Search in secure HTTP request https://www.google.com
Sometimes 'Left-click the link to open in that window' was failed.
In my trouble shoot, Network monitor captured tracking removed url only.
So I think Firfox failed to refresh window in some internal conditions.
If firefox failed to refresh window, please use other patterns.
In addition, this issue does not occur almost when using secure http request(https).
Also "Remove Yahoo Tracking"