- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Frasasin, et år sidenThe theme is great, *but* I hate that the text selection color in the address bar is a darker denim blue with navy blue text. It is hard to read, and it contradicts the regular system scheme (a brighter blue with white text). I don't know why this seems to happen with *this* theme only.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13924844, et år sidenSaved my sanity. Why Firefox would break their own "System" theme baffles me, but you're not here to hear me complain about Proton's many flaws (can I hear "inaccessibility"?)
Does what it says on the box, but is there any reason the context menu is in dark mode? I don't remember that from my old version.
Svar fra udviklerenskrevet 10 måneder sidenThis seems to be a bug on Mozilla's side. With Firefox version 100, which will be released on May 3rd, the context menu appears bright again. (Without an update of the theme)
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 16970363, 2 år sidenMozilla: Shame of you for screwing the Firefox browser starting with v89:
Photon Colors's author: your attempt is commendable.
Unfortunately this does not bring back the separators between the tabs.
But more important anything is white when I'm using the tree style tab extension. I'm looking forward for this to be fixed.
Svar fra udviklerenskrevet 2 år sidenHello,
thank you for your feedback. I will take care of your vertical tabs concern in the next few days.
For the tab dividers, I can recommend Lepton Photon Style. You can find it on Github: https://github.com/black7375/Firefox-UI-Fix/releases/tag/v2.2.3
Edit: I just found out that the bug you described is a bug on the part of the developer of Tree Style Tabs. The background is, since Proton, set by the "Frame" property, and changing it would also change the tab background color to white. Please contact the developer of Tree Style Tab to solve this problem.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 16938856, 2 år sidenPhoton colors certainly makes the new tab bar layout much more manageable than in the default grey, where it was difficult to distinguish the active tab (MacOS)
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Bob Who, 2 år sidenThis is an IMPROVEMENT to the terrible disruptive change to the Firefox look when "upgraded" recently. I believe an emulation theme should be a requirement of all future release of Firefox. This is more than a common courtesy, its a serious aspect of FUNCTION when it impacts the GUI in any significant way. It doesn't matter if this is a volunteer effort, its just the correct way to develop something that impacts so many users. Autocracy fails to be an acceptable attitude to change.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af Firefox-bruger 13443635, 2 år sidenEverything is pretty great except for the issues that aren't fixable with a theme. I ended up making some userChrome.css changes to fix up a few things that don't seem fixable with the current theming system. Since links are forbidden in reviews, just search for "Photon Colors Theme Tweaks" in Github's gists if you want the userChrome.css code for a fixed new tab button highlight and light mode menus.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5af BelFox, 2 år sidenHi, thank you so much for creating this theme.
However, I still see a few things that don't resemble FF 89:
* Bottom border of bookmarks bar is black (Photon: light gray)
* Page and toolbar context menus are in dark mode, as opposed to the hamburger menu panel, which is in light mode (as it should be).
* "Find on page" toolbar: text doesn't have enough contrast, should be black?
It would be great if you could fix this.
Will certainly recommend your theme!
Svar fra udviklerenskrevet 2 år sidenHello BelFox,
thank you very much for your feedback.
I was able to fix the first error. However, there were problems with the other two:
I haven't found a property for the context menu yet, but I will check every now and then if Mozilla added such a property for themes.
Also I could not change the text in the "Find on page" toolbar with the assigned property (bookmark_text). I think it worked until version 88, but apparently not with the new one.
Hopefully Mozilla will patch these things soon and I can fix the bugs you mention
P.S.: I have already added the bookmark_text property in case Mozilla updates it.