- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5This is awesome for someone who is light sensitive or gets light induced migraines. The only problem I've run into so far is that it doesn't interact perfectly with FB. A few things get obscured or the page goes back to what you had been looking a previously, but FB is notoriously difficult to work with.
- Bedømt til 3 ud af 5This plugin works so-so. It is quite handy on many sites, but on others it fails miserably. Owl provides an option to self-disable on certain sites. Too bad that it does not comply! Especially if one backtracks onto a owl-disabled page, the experience is horrible: one is forced to re-switch owl off time and again.
In summary: very good & useful idea, but shaky implementation.
Room for improvement!
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5I think I testes all similar add-ons that are available for Firefox and this one is definitely the best in my opinion. You have one button for global activation/deactivation and a distinct button in the address bar for the current website. Sure, you don't have as many customization options as other add-ons, but if the default settings are appealing, you don't need to change them with numerous options.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5I must be missing something as the website white list is not editable that I can see. So perhaps set up a tutorial or tell me how to enable this feature as I have some websites I don't want your extension working it's inversion magic on. Other than that nice little plugin here. Also the menu is not there when I click or right click on the own icon, I just get remove or customize, the usual menu bar configuration options you get for the bar itself but nothing for the plugin. Thanks!
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5Simplesmente incrível!
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5THE best dark mode addon for firefox. Please make it available for android too..
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5I've tried several "invert colors" add-ons, but this Owl addon seems to really work! I love it.
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5Works brilliantly. Love the dark UI this provides on GitHub
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5Interesting
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5Thanks for the update! I heavily use this extension. Definitely would suggest it to dark-theme fans and the shortcuts are nice
- Bedømt til 1 ud af 5As of the time of writing this review, any page that is whitelisted and opened in a new tab (out of view), the whitelisting is ignored and the page is inverted...
Night Mode Pro extension does everything owl does, but better! So I changed...
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5not bad
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5Darkens all the colours, respecting the original ones, not inverting them. Thanks!
- Bedømt til 3 ud af 5Owl is brilliant at rendering webpages with a dark theme.
I can only give three stars though as I'm experiencing massive slow downs in page loads for sites such as google.co.uk to the point where I nearly went back to Chrome thinking that Firefox Quantum was a bit buggy.
I noticed the slow down after the latest update to Firefox (59.0.1) but I'd also just added the google site to Owls list to darken.
Disabling Owl sped things up again as did removing Google from the list Owl darkens.
So I'm going to try using a mix of Owl and Stylish for making the web shady
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5Looks great on any well-designed page and my eyes hurt less. ;)
Great job! Thanks!
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5Owl is an eye-saver. It does an excellent job of making pages less tiring to look at.
One can only turn the brightness down so much. I am one who prefers dark backgrounds and themes in general because the white backgrounds with black text just burn the heck out of my eyes.
I have had no issues with this add-on/extension whatsoever and I have been using it for a long time.
- Bedømt til 4 ud af 5I love owl. I am 70 and white is too bright for me anymore. The problem is with sites pop ups that pop up blocker does not block, whites out the screen so you have to turn off owl to turn off pop up window then re apply owl, which is a pain. popup blocker should work in tandem with owl. Am I missing something?
- Bedømt til 5 ud af 5This extension is great but sadly it doesn't work on Firefox Nightly.