Hvis du vil prøve de tusindvis af tilføjelser der er tilgængelige her, hent Mozilla Firefox, en hurtig, gratis måde at surfe på nettet!Luk
Velkommen til tilføjelser til Firefox.
Vælg mellem tusindvis af yderligere funktioner og temaer, som kan gøre Firefox til din egen.Luk
Fastest Search - Browse/Search Faster! 3.39.2
af Mingyi Liu
Search/browse faster than ever! Ctrl-Shift-F for whole-word/regex/all tabs/diacritic search;Create custom engines;Smart SearchBox;Preview results;Auto copy plain text, drag-n-drop image/link. Not multi-process compatible! http://y2u.be/gDlLrVZ54L0
Om denne tilføjelse
If after following instructions below, you still have questions, email me using the 'Support E-mail' on the right -->
- Current version is not multi-process compatible! You need to disable multi-process otherwise performance will seriously suffer & some features won't work.
- Known addons that interferes with FS in some aspects in the past:
- RSS Icon in URL Bar: this addon disables FS and many other Addon SDK based addons. You simply have to uninstall this addon for FS to work.
- Addons that work in the same area at the same time such as InstantFox, Cybersearch when user doing search in awesomebar, or TabMixPlus when opening new search result tab. This is unavoidable as multiple addons working on the same thing at the same time will interfere with each other.
To get started on FS, please watch the first few minutes of the instruction video for FS v3.0 video. This addon has dozens of features, most of which has explanations or how-tos in the long feature list further below. Please read it, it's time well spent!
For any further question, FAQ page on Fastest Search's website. and the Help page should help - or email me.
BTW in the instruction video description I listed the start time of many major features explained in the video so you can click on it and jump to those spots. There are other older videos in that Youtube acct. I created for FS as well if you're interested.
As a basic courtesy you can give to authors of free addons: Don't leave a bug report/complaint as review, contact the email for support instead; and don't leave a bad review because you just want one feature (like regex) and don't want many other features FS offer - you can turn them off - just use Options (read docs as needed).
Long Feature List (with brief How-tos) for v3.0+:
The BEST text search (use Ctrl-Shift-F), better than ANY browser or addon
- Search plain text, whole-word, regular expression, in page(s) for current tab, all tabs or filtered tabs! Or one could search in tab title/url only (hold Alt key while pressing 'Enter' or clicking 'Search' in Search Panel to access tab restriction dialog (Alt key is required since v3.10). Hold Ctrl key to reverse the "In Tabs" setting on-the-fly in v3.22+
- v3.34 allows advanced users to search for numbers on a page/all tabs that are bigger than 10 but smaller than 52.5, or all dates that are between year 2005 and 2006, for example (Ctrl-Alt-Enter to activate in Search Panel).
- Matches from an all-tabs search are nicely listed and linked to the tabs and particular matches (see screenshot, v3.12). In v3.22+, Ctrl-click copies row text, Ctrl-Shift-click copies all rows.
- You can restrict search to links only, or lists in tables only, or anything! Press Ctrl-Alt-T and follow example.
- Reports count, distribution and context of matches with a Match Distribution Bar.
- Use Ctrl-Shift-F or optionally Ctrl-F to open Search Panel, Find-as-you-type (FAYT) is also supported in Options (or simply press '/' to activate it on page in v3.32+)! Use Ctrl-Alt-F to quickly turn FAYT on/off.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts are provided to toggle whole-word/regex/case-sensitivity of search easily. FAYT uses no longer need to open search tab.
- F3, Ctrl-G to search forward, F2, Shift-F3, Ctrl-Shift-G to search backward, with special highlights for matches. In FS v3.0, F4 flashes current match, F1 highlights all matches again after you accidentally clicked the page and lost highlight.
- On a not-yet-searched or refreshed page, F1/F2/F3 could quickly search it and highlight all using the last search keyword (F2 flashes last match, F3 flashes 1st) - v3.12 feature
- Optionally F3/F2 can start search from CURRENT page position instead of previous match's position! This allows skipping all matches on many pages that you don't care, a feature sorely lacking in Firefox and other browsers for all these years. The feature is buggy on certain pages so it's disabled in "Text Search Settings" by default but can be turned on/off with Ctrl-Alt-N quickly.
- Jump to the exact match you want: Just right click the Match # div that shows "1 of 6 Match".
- Search works in iframe/input/textarea/select(dropdown menu)/frameset.
- Optional: Show a list of all matches in current tab with (adjustable) context info. If you press the Shift key while hitting the Enter key or clicking on the Search button, it will toggle the setting of showing the Match List. In v3.12, you can quickly open Match List panel by pressing 'Shift-Enter' keys after a text search. In v3.22+, Ctrl-click copies row text, Ctrl-Shift-click copies all rows.
- Blacklist to disable FAYT on certain sites (like email sites).
- Optional: Auto-hide Match Distribution Bar, minimum keyword length for FAYT to start, show reminder for search options.
- Optional (v3.05): Ignore diacritics/accents while doing plain text search (does not apply to regular expression search!).
- Instant Search (disabled by default - turn it on in Options Panel or press Ctrl-Alt-I) in both LocationBar and SearchBar - As you type in LocationBar, top match in history/bookmark and/or Google (or your chosen engine) search is instantly loaded.
- Instant loading speed is adjustable in Instant Settings panel.
- Custom search (using engine shortcuts) in URL/Search Bar can also load instantly if enabled.
- Also optional: Turn Instant on/off for individual engines.
- Override the annoying Firefox 'switch to tab' when Instant is enabled.
- If you use InstantFox addon, you have to disable it for Fastest Search's Instant LocationBar to work perfectly (their v2.0.8 introduced some odd behavior that altered Firefox's searching of history and bookmarks). Anyway, Fastest Search pretty much covers all InstantFox's features and loads more.
- Use engine shortcuts to quickly search in URLBar and SearchBar - 'w,y music' searches for music on Wikipedia and Yahoo. 'Finance GOOG' searches Google stock on all engines in Finance category. Note: You can use ';' + shortcut to search custom engines in ANY textbox on any webpage.
- Engine-specific keyword Suggest, where available, is included and accessible anywhere. Toggle show/hide Suggest using Ctrl-Alt-F keyboard shortcut.
- Important: Engine shortcuts and category names are both case-sensitive!
- Many included engines but one can also import existing SearchBar engines easily!
- Any engine can be easily added, a feature not supported by any other addon or even Firefox itself! Both GET or POST engines work.
- Multiple-category supported for each engine, allowing slice/dice engine collection for special searches.
- Moveable, multi-tab panel allow quick & same-page access to single- or multi-engine search results - double click on tab inside the panel will open that tab in normal browser window to allow you preserve that particular preview tab. In v3.22+, Ctrl-click copies row text, Ctrl-Shift-click copies all rows.
- Manage/backup/share engines using 'Search Engines' panel.
- Use any textbox on webpage to search with engine shortcuts
- Select text on page & click on icon in the popped up Smart Searchbox or just press 'Enter' key to search right away!
- To change engine, just type the engine shortcut/Category you want (no need to focus in the textbox in Smart Searchbox first)
- Right click on the icon to preview search result instead of opening tab
- Unlimited number of engines in the Smart Searchbox is supported!
- Set the exact engines or engine categories in the Smart Searchbox using their shortcuts and instantly preview how SSB looks like. Note that you can use wildcard '*' to let FS decides automatically (power users can customize the engine recognition using the "Text Recognition Rules" panel).
- SSB can popup even when you select text inside an editable area/input - IF you hold Shift+Alt keys at the time of selection.
- Optional: Adjust preview panel size, set preview as default action for searching (use Shift key to reverse setting in v3.22+).
- If you double click on a tab in the preview panel, that web page will be opened inside Firefox instead. This allows you to preserve some tabs that you decide to save after viewing the preview.
- Press 'tab' key to bring the engine and selected text to Firefox searchbar to modify the text before searching.
- Get driving directions from home to selected address with only 3 keystrokes! From address to home takes just one more keystroke.
- Optionally make the popup not show (pressing 'shift' still brings it up) or adjust position of Smart Searchbox relative to mouse. v2.16 provided an easy option to completely turn off Smart Searchbox too.
- Select text on a webpage and the plain text of the selection is automatically copied onto clipboard.
- Selected text inside text input box, textarea and HTML editor iframes is NOT auto-copied (press Alt-Shift while selecting will enable auto-copy anyhow).
- Click middle mouse button to paste text into textboxes.
- 'smart cut/copy' & 'smart paste' features for quick URL copying, auto select-all cut/copy in textbox and paste-n-go.
- Right click & drag links to 4 zones (UpperRight, UpperLeft, LowerRight, LowerLeft) to open links in tabs on left/right in fore/background. Hold down Ctrl key while right click-n-drag opens link in a preview window instead.
- Right click & drag images saves the image automatically into one of 4 directories.
- Press Alt, Shift, Ctrl, and their combinations to change options like the image location/name or choose to open link instead, all on-the-fly.
- 'Force find image' option lifts the block websites place on right clicking on image (respect the copyright though!)
- Fastest Shopping Assistant: If enabled and available for your country, would leverage Superfish technology to automatically provide price/product comparison for online shopping. Product recommendation, once found over an index of 300+ million product pricing DB, will be displayed under the image of the product you're looking at.
- Ctrl + ';' shortcut focuses inside 1st textbox on any page, allowing fast input/search.
- Adds another search box at bottom of Google web/video/news/shopping pages for your convenience.
- Import/Export all Fastest Search settings, allowing you to sync your settings across profiles/computers.
- Google website/subdomain search is supported since v1.89: Basically just set the query string for a search engine to sth. like http://www.google.com/search?q=DO_NOT_CHANGE_THIS site:DO_NOT_CHANGE_THIS_DOM&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a, then do the search using the new engine, you'll see the domain for current page auto-inserted so that your search on the selected keyword on current page is only done on the current page's domain (say, page is http://subdomain.domain.com/abc.html, then domain is domain.com). You can also use DO_NOT_CHANGE_THIS_SUBDOM, DO_NOT_CHANGE_THIS_TLD, DO_NOT_CHANGE_THIS_URL for subdomain of current page (subdomain.domain.com), top-level-domain (.com), or exact URL (added just in case a user needs, not useful for site search). So all you need to do is make another engine(s) that uses the URL(s) above to do site/subdomain and other special searches.
This addon is almost certainly the best of several categories. With this one addon, you don't need addons like 'InstantFox', 'InstantFirefox', 'Add to Search Bar', 'AutoCopy', 'QuickDrag', 'Super DragandGo', 'OmniBar', 'Dictionary Tooltip', map/weather addons, text search addons etc. It's not that this addon covers ALL the functionalities of them, but it covers absolutely ALL the MAIN and more functionalities and has more important features - best text search by far, multi-tab preview, best engine support & management ...
As a result of the VAST number of features, You're strongly encouraged to either watch the demo videos or read help and faq on my website:
Introduction video to v2.10 (highly recommended!)
Demo Video 1, text search, instant search, shortcut for engines
Demo Video 2 for select & search/auto copy/DnD save images to multiple locations
Fastest Search Youtube Channel for other demo videos
Don't forget to check out my "TableTools2" extension that lets you sort/filter/search/copy/rearrange/chart/combine/compare/more any HTML tables in FF!
If you think you found a bug, I encourage you to contact me to confirm or have me fix it. Contacting me gets it fixed faster as I could get more details of the bug.