- af pasta, 2 år sidenBedømt til 4 ud af 5It does the job well about 98% of the time. The few times it has issues are with websites that already have built-in "dark modes," but you can easily have the add-on remember not to enable on those sites by clicking its button in the toolbar. It does affect load times of websites, but not by a very significant margin. Sometimes UI elements on certain websites become obscured but can be easily fixed by turning off the add-on for that website.
Overall, the add-on does exactly what it needs to do, with near perfect execution. It's an essential add-on for me now along with uBlock Origin.
- af Firefox-bruger 15831137, 2 år sidenBedømt til 4 ud af 5I am giving only 4 stars although this extension is very usefull and user friendly from my experience for 3 years, i had no problem with it.The reason why i give 4 stars, it drains net, i have a slow network if we use so many tabs they shows like that this extension make tap to close. So no other problems,,, i prefred to my friends also...
- af noonbcc130, 2 år sidenBedømt til 4 ud af 5Normally, I use light theme.
When using the Dark Reader, it is correct that everything is dark.
But when off using the Dark Reader, my theme is still dark, although should return to light theme as before.
- af Firefox-bruger 16003644, 2 år sidenBedømt til 4 ud af 5I really like the add-on, it does exactly what it says it does, and does it very well. It gives sufficient controls to configure, and selectively customise or disable the add-on on specific websites.
That said, I disabled it today after trying it for almost 4 months. Sometimes it slows down webpages too much, specially long pages (e.g. Github's webhook payload docs page), pages with visualisations (plots and figures, e.g. the coronavirus monitoring page by worldometers), and sometimes login pages.
I also have a hunch it's causing the memory footprint of my FF instance to bloat. I have a really beefy laptop (>13 gigs of RAM available), and it still starts paging after half a day. I do have a lot of tabs open, but I didn't have this issue before. If I continue to have my RAM issues after disabling the add-on, I'll come back and remove this paragraph.
Edit: now I have been running with the add-on disabled for half a day, with the same set of tabs, and my memory footprint is about 1/3-1/4 as before. Really sad that I can't use this add-on, back to being blinded on the Interwebs :(
- af Firefox-bruger 14710455, 2 år sidenBedømt til 4 ud af 5Dark Reader works beautifully on Android, however I need to manually turn it on instead of relying on Auto button. My phone turns on dark theme at night and other apps do follow except for this one. I'm not quite sure if I'm missing something.