Hodnocení: 3,7 z 5
Hodnocení: 3,7 z 5
- od uživatele Ron, před 4 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5After setting everything up, it *used* to work okay and would check for email from my three different accounts. There were even options to check in folders for things that were automatically moved with filters.
However, the new version seems to have removed a lot of capabilities - it's now web-based instead of an actual add-on, and the most annoying thing - it upgraded automatically and cleared out all that information I'd originally set up. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I'm not willing to spend the time AGAIN to configure my three email accounts. A huge change like this without porting the configuration data over to the new platform is inexcusable. As far as I saw, there wasn't even a notice given. It was two weeks before I realized it wasn't doing anything.
- od uživatele Fulvia, před 4 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5Uso X-Notifier da anni e sono rimasta malissimo quando ho provato decine di volte a installare l'ultima versione su Firefox, senza successo. Sono dovuta passare a Chrome, ma resto insoddisfatta, era molto meglio la versione 3.5 !!!
- od uživatele paperebe, před 4 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5I was able to click once and all email accounts that had email would open in individual tabs. No more it seems. Now I have to click twice just to get in one email account. If you have two yahoo accounts it has trouble logging out of one and into the other...
Middle click use to refresh the new message count, now broken.
Right click no longer interacts with the addon button.
When things peak on functionality it seems they have to start intentionally removing and breaking things just to release something "new."
- od uživatele yycredmi, před 4 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Used to be a very good extension.
Now ... Forget about it ... Maybe it is a good thing to get prepared for what will happen in next year (no more user scripts, no side bar/ window, etc.).
I really do not understand Mozilla's policy to align with Google Chrome's one, follow the "big brother"? Since when Google drives this game? Since 15 years ago, when you were not able to get a free Gmail account without an invitation? Is Firefox an open-source software that listen to the crowd, or to the other competitors? Firefox users want to have user scripts! I'm still using FF 3, yes Firefox version 3 for my bank transactions (and I never had an issue); what is this FF 50 version, a game? Let's go and get Chrome 56+ version? For those who want Chrome, let them to have it (the true Google Chrome!) For us, the others, we want Firefox WITH user scripts! ... Never mind ... Let's go back on track!
Old X-notifier version 3.5.23 does not work anymore with M$ servers (Outlook.com, Hotmail ...). I'd expect in a few weeks none of free services (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) will work ...
New version 4.x.x? Without side window? No way! And it will delete the existing accounts ... Do a backup/ export ASAP! (Better do it for the entire Firefox! please see FEBE add-on, if you're not on portable version, aka www.portableapps.com).
Look somewhere else ...
Read Yahoo emails in Gmail? Is that secure?
Howard Email Notifier, POP Peeper , POPman ... as alternatives for Windows users?
Or Geary for Linux users ... (or Pantheon Mail) ... ?
Or setup your own mail server, maybe on a small Raspberry Pi?
Let me know what it will be your choice/ best next experience ...
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12699561, před 4 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5The new version is really bad, sadly. I've been using this addon for years but now I have to look for an alternative.
Followed this instructions http://xnotifier.tobwithu.com/dp/node/3353 and installed the older version. Works great for now and i wont update mozilla only to keep this on. Thanks.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12698779, před 4 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5Used this for years, checked several yahoo and gmail and hotmail accounts all new, but version will check hotmail but i have to manually log into each yahoo and gmail accounts. This makes it unusable. Even installed on Chrome, but same interface and issue! Uninstalled and looking for another program sadly.....................
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12696673, před 4 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5For the last update, does'nt work at all on Firefox (Win 7) : 2 Hotmail accounts + 1 Yahoo and unable to check correctly. I wan't to open the 1st hotmail account, but it opens the 2nd account. I click again on the 1st hotmail account but NO it opens the 2nd account. I click on the 2nd and it opens the 2nd. There I click the 1st and AT LEAST it opens the 1st account.
It seems this update is not able to check 2 accounts from the same supplier.
Anyway before everything worked perfectly but as always, an update means "doesn't work". Not sure to keep X notifier, I'm loosing to much time to access my differents accounts, it'll be faster to open a window/account and typing my password
- od uživatele morpheussss, před 4 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5I use this module since a very long time and I was very happy !
because it is a very usefull one. But the 4.0 version break the
confidence. Nothing works anymore :( oblige to install the previous version and disable automatic module uptade :(:(
- od uživatele Махал Махалыч, před 4 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5Испортить легко. Автор очень постарался хороший, работающий продукт превратить в какое то убожество.
Во-первых: когда воспользуешься Ccleaner - стираются все аккаунты, добавленные в приложение.
Во - вторых: нет возможности добавить некоторые почтовые сервисы - а ведь в 3.5 версии все работало!
В-третьих: исчез русский язык в настройках. Для меня это не критично - но ведь раньше то он был!!! Да и сам дизайн, удобство и простота использования стали много хуже.
Совет всем - возвращайтесь на версию 3.5
- od uživatele g, před 4 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5how can anyone release something like this? 3.x was perfect, 4.0.2 is useless. can't we have the old version back until the new one really works? if i manually go back it keeps updating to the new crap.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12694214, před 4 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5The new version is working well for me with multiple gmail accounts and one yahoo. I went back to the the previous one just to backup my accounts and then successfully restored them on the new one. At first it seamed like it was not working but after a Firefox restart everything is working just like before. This is still the best email notification extension out there. We should all give the developer time to adjust it and fix what its not working properly yet for everyone.
- od uživatele GeorgeA, před 4 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5If I could give only one star, I would. Which is a shame, because this was - until recently, a truly 5* Addon.
IT IS DREADFUL NOW
It updated with no warning, and suddenly all my 6 Hotmail(Outlook) accounts are gone. Nothing, GONE!
Then, right-click is gone, nothing happens...
Then, the new interface is HORRIBLE, and hard to see, because the colours don't look good against the background, at least on FTDEEPDARK.
And if that's not enough, you create all your accounts again, come out of Firefox, and they are all gone again....but why did they all disappear in the first place.
This is ONE VERY FINE EXAMPLE of how to take a PERFECT addon, and render it totally, utterly useless.
And lastly, I would like to say that this is only the second ever review I have left on AMO. I felt so moved to write, that I had to look hard for my old login details....JUST SO I COULD LEAVE THIS REVIEW.....
DREADFUL, and I've gone back to the old version, which immediately remembered all my email accounts, and started working perfectly again.
RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH