Hodnocení: 3,8 z 5
Hodnocení: 3,8 z 5
- od uživatele Hemant Pawar, před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5this a great extension....but there is a weired bug....anyone can change myPublic Fox Password without knowing the current password ( it doesn't ask for it & i don't wanna lock my addons section)
- od uživatele John Kiernan, před 12 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5A thousand piece of gold for someone who actually gets this done!!!
It's SO annoying to accidentally click and unclick and find you've put one folder inside another.
I THOUGHT this one would do it, but it does not. I couldn't even get it to NOT add a bookmark!
I uninstalled it.
- od uživatele mynameisarsenal, před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5I use Firefox 3.0.1
1. Can't lock download!
2. Can't lock bookmark!
But I like this add-on and rate 5. Please upgrade to 3.0.1 version as fast as possible. Thanks!!
- od uživatele mynameisarsenal, před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5I use Firefox 3.0.1.
1. Can't lock bookmark .
2. Can't lock download.
But I rate 5. Please upgrade to firefox 3.0.1 version. Thanks. I like this add-on.
- od uživatele xgetze00, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Nice add-on, but would be even if better if there would be option lock Bookmarks from main menu.
Lock Downloads unfortunately doesnt work for me (Firefox 3.0.1).
- od uživatele Susan Smith, před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Thisis great, but what am I missing? I cannot lock down bookmarks. I can bookmark from bookmarks..bookmark this page, and I can ctrl click and edit bookmarks in the toolbar. (Mac)
- od uživatele davidch, před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5While you are able to lock out the (Options) menu in Firefox to prevent others from uninstalling your add ons by checking the box "Lock Options to Prevent Add On Uninstall," by using All-In-One Sidebar, I have discovered you are able to uninstall add ons by opening the side menu, thus bypassing the feature in Public Fox. Is there a way for something to be implemented to block this out?
- od uživatele davidch, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Hi, it appears that the homepage is down, so I am posting a question in my review.
In regards to the the url blocking, the blocked links in my blacklist are still getting through in firefox and I've tried from having 2 boxes checked to only the top "Enable URL blocking' with no effect. I even put a password on PublicFox to keep the settings from being tampered with but its not blocking URLS. __I know there are alternative add ons__ if I just want to block URLS in specific but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong for the URL blocking to go into effect.
- od uživatele Alex Page, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Good overall, handles a decent portion of my kiosk setup... the problem is that you can still install addons with this running. The user won't be able to configure the addons, but they do get installed.
- od uživatele HyperionJRW, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5This seems to work quite well and is exactly what I need to secure the family PC. One minor gripe though the file extension checking seems to be case sensitive. So you have to enter exe and EXE (+ all other combinations). I have quite a few extensions I want blocked, don't want to block all, so it'll get quite messy adding every file extension in every combination of case.
- od uživatele M K, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Thanks Igor, very helpful add-on.
Once you've excluded the "about:config" option, you can't include it any more, "about:config" stays locked (no password question, nothing).
- od uživatele Stephen Nedell, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Thank you so much for updating this for 3.0! I run a network in a public library and thanks to Public Fox, I have used Firefox exclusively on the public machines for a year and now I can upgrade the public machines to 3.0. Makes life so much easier than having to edit and lock down the about:config page and less chance of a stupid mistake on my end. The only problem I have seen so far--with the older version, don't know about 1.05--is that the book mark tab bar can be edited by the user without the password. Otherwise it is perfect!
Spasibo bolshoe Igor!
- od uživatele Dennis Waite, před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5To me this is a fantastic add-on for Firefox 2.0. If you are using a public computer, and don't want people messing with your options, or add-ons this is the ticket. Really, if you are serious about your Internet privacy, get this. I just hope Igor upgrades it to Firefox 3.0 pretty quick. Although I think Firefox 3.0 is great, I won't upgrade to 3.0 until it is available. It's that good an add-on.
- od uživatele arlene1011, před 13 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Hi! I think there is a bug here. Even if password is set, clicking cancel on password prompt still brings you to Extensions/Addons manager.\r\n\r\nTo the developer, i think you should have additional condition in common.js ..you may add window.close if return value of promptPassword is false (which is for cancel button). =)\r\n\r\nCheers!\r\n\r\n
- od uživatele jasonakay, před 13 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5I intended to use this extension in a public kiosk to prevent users from adding to a pre-selected set of bookmarks. While a password dialog box pops-up when accessing the Bookmarks menu, a user can simply drag a link (or a tab) onto the Bookmarks toolbar and bookmark is created! (We display the Bookmarks toolbar because we have removed all of the menus.)
- od uživatele Keefz, před 13 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Simple UI.. Powerful protection. Keeps volunteers from d/l anything off the internet or mozilla's site.
Con: Bookmark the install site, as "download" or Block" are not keywords... If you can't remember public fox, you will have a hard time finding this again for re-install.