Hodnocení: 3,8 z 5
Hodnocení: 3,8 z 5
- od uživatele clarep, před 11 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5great program, but i don't see why it requires a password for other add-ons except itself?? anyone with a few brains can find public fox in the tools menu and change the password or disable it!!! is this gonna be fixed or am i missing something in the setup??
- od uživatele Jay G., před 11 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5A good, simple way to lock down various Firefox settings from being changed.
I wish there was an option for the extension to block the blacklist websites without prompting for the password. As it is now, I'm using the BlockSite extension for website blocking, and Public Fox to password protect the add-ins and other settings.
- od uživatele Pyromanci, před 11 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Just installed this on all the computers here at my office. I love the add-on. Though what would be nice is a option for a white list. Cut out the need for proxy server to my URL filtering.
- od uživatele thomescook, před 11 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5Hello girls and boys ;-)
thanx for this extension!
I have installed this global (/usr/lib/firefox/extensions),
but nothing was happend :-(
Therefore, i looked into the install.rdf and changed the
entry maxVersion="3.2a1pre" to "3.5.2". Then was no
problems, when I logging as normally user. The
extension run normally ...
Sorry, my english is not so good ...
- od uživatele gabbarsinghdada, před 11 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Awesome addon. But it looks like I managed to break the security of this add-on.
Basically I am trying to protect about:config so no one can screw with it without a password.
Steps to the break:
1) user types in the http address loc -> about:config
2) add-on asks for pwd which user doesn't know
3) now, without writing anything in the pwd location, click on some link in outlook email box.
4) this will open a new tab in mozilla
5) now click cancel on the pwd prompt
6) the pwd prompt gets associated with the newly opened tab
7) well, so the new tab is not displayed
8) now go back to the about:config tab
9) the pwd menu is gone and about:config is yours for the taking!!!
- od uživatele PischTa, před 11 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5I think it is a very useful add-on, but I have the same problem as Kathy: I want to include this to the users' default profile, but after the login, it is needed to check update for the addon to work. Do somebody knows a workaround for this?
- od uživatele dra, před 11 letyHodnocení: 1 z 5can someone help me get this off my machine?
i never entered a pw and i can't launch using safe mode. his instructions for removing are garbled and his website is dead.
- od uživatele cosmun, před 11 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5This app is a godsend for those needing to maintain workstations in a public area (such as a library). However, the ability to block bookmarks appears to currently be broken when running Firefox 3.5 on Macs. I'm not certain if running an older version of Firefox would correct this. I'll certainly look forward to any updates when they become available.
- od uživatele jc55, před 11 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5The 'support' URL isn't functioning. I have one question: Can PF1.06 be configured to ONLY block an entire website(s)? I need only that function.
If someone can confirm I can configure PF1.06 to perform just this one function, I'll install it and write a review based on how well it performs this singular function.
- od uživatele David-D.-Davidson, před 11 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5When you type in about:config, typing config with ANY upper case, it goes through even if you've blocked about:config.
Some extensions still are able to get downloaded as well, mp3, jpg, .pdf, just to name a few.
Is there any way you'd be able to disable the toolbar->customize->"Customize Toolbar" window?
Other than all that, it's a great extension, I'd recommend it.
- od uživatele jmcsorle, před 11 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5I LOVE this add-on!!!! It's simple, effective and does just what I need to keep kids out of the Options menu!! In search criteria on add-on site, you might want to have it show up when people search for "password protect options menu." I came across this by accident while looking for a kiosk solution. This add-on is a much better solution!!
- od uživatele Libman , před 11 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5I'm using Public Fox with 3.0.6. It still doesn't lock down addition of bookmarks--I can add a bookmark even with this option checked. It hasn't worked since 3.0 came out. Is there a fix available?
- od uživatele jacko jack, před 11 letyHodnocení: 2 z 5Help..... I can still access the addons menu through the tools option and disable public fox or any other add on. Some of these are security add ons i.e for filtering. I have the password set and the check box ticked for add on protection. I am using the latest firefox 3.0.8 and public fox 1.06.
Can you help???
- od uživatele Zach West, před 11 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5First off, thanks for creating a great add-on! It works very well. But...
The one thing I've noticed that even after enabling all the options, I'm still able to go to History > Show All History. The History sidebar is locked down. But not the History window. You then are able to delete all or single entries of history.
I would be very interested in getting a version that can lock the History window. Let me know. Thanks for your hard work!
- od uživatele karaikalnedu, před 12 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5Is it possible to have a firefox add-on that permits to have two sets of books marks: one set hidden with a password and another set un protected?
- od uživatele dcnx, před 12 letyHodnocení: 4 z 5The add-on is great. It does what I was looking for.
The only thing is that it disables the add-ons that are already installed. And the bookmarks creation is lock (that is good), but anybody can still delete the ones already done.
Everything else is great. Thanks for your hard work.
- od uživatele Heinzelmann , před 12 letyHodnocení: 5 z 5Sad that there is no link to Igor Rashnitsov.
I like his tool very much.
But I wish that it works whit multi user OS too.
I use it on several Windows machines and always have the problem that it don’t secure all Users. I install it with a admin account on PCs and Terminal Server. But only the User I installed it with is blocked. What makes no sense for the admin account.
Maybe Igor reads this and thinks of an solution.
- od uživatele k10magic, před 12 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5I've downloaded this mainly to have my own privacy on a public computer. My intention was to allow other family members to have their own bookmark folders, but to have them password protected so that I can save personal links in my folder. Could you possibly add this, or tell me of an add-on that can do something like this?