- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele kootoopas, před 4 letyGood idea and direction. I also like that it's configurable. Although I wish the url was left blank (f.e. when setting the override to a background color) so that users can quickly type in the next address that they wish to visit, without having to clear the text input.
It's a shame that although it seems to have a lot of options, it hinders accessibility by populating the address bar with app metadata.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12055580, před 4 letyI would like the cursor in the url when new tab is opened please so i can immediately start typing a web address? how can i do this?
at the moment when open a new tab (hompage is google) it places the cursor in the google search box.
can you let me know if this is possible please?
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14154519, před 4 letyA very helpful extension. Unfortunately, takes noticeable time to actually open the custom new tab page, so when I open a new tab to go to another website, the following happens:
- I copy the url I want to go to
- the extension kicks in and overrides my url with the custom page I set for new tab.
So the extension does wonders when I open the new tab for the custom page I set for it, but destroys my workflow otherwise.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Dave-H, před 4 letySorry for the earlier mess-up, I wasn't familiar with how this review system works. I assumed that if a developer responded to a review, you could then respond to that response, but it appears not!
I just want to confirm that New Tab Override, if it's configured to open "about:blank" as a new tab, should produce the same result when clicking the "+" button on the tab bar as entering "about:blank" in the address bar and pressing "enter" does.
At the moment it doesn't seem to produce the same result. Is this by design? Thanks, Dave.
EDIT: Thanks Sören, that certainly explains the change of behaviour. It's unfortunate that my extension to automatically close empty pages does not now treat the empty pages generated by New Tab Override as it did before, but that's obviously not your fault! I've tried the about:config change, but unfortunately that seems to result in a new tab being the home page, not an empty blank tab, so it's not ideal either, but again not your problem! Many thanks again, cheers, Dave.
Odpověď vývojářezveřejněno před 4 letyThere was a change in Firefox 60 with the result that about:blank is no longer usable as new tab page for WebExtensions. I don't know if this was a intended change or a side effect of another change, a bug. But the only thing I was able to do was to implement a workaround so that a empty new tab still works - even if there are differences to about:blank in the tab / address bar.
But if you really want an empty new tab you can change browser.newtabpage.enabled in about:config to false and you don't need an add-on at all.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12465512, před 4 letyClashes with extensions such as "Open Tabs Next to Current", making a new tab appear two tabs to the right instead of just to the right. Also lots of flashing of the tab bar when opening a new tab.
If the conflict with "Open Tabs Next to Current" could be solved, it would be great.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele : z :, před 5 letyThere's currently a conflict between New Tab Override and Open Tabs Next to Current that causes tabs to open two to the right of current only when New Tab Override is enabled. Not sure which extension is to blame, but New Tab Override is working well otherwise.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13443510, před 5 letyI've used the extensions Open Tab Next to Current and Always Right to open new tabs next the currently active tab. They work fine until New Tab Override is installed. After that, new tabs are opened 2 steps from the current active tab instead of right after. Hope this problem/conflict gets fixed.
Tab Center Redux (Vertical Tabs)
Also wish there was a place to report bugs for New Tab Override instead of using ratings.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Carsti29, před 5 letyLooks okayish, except for local files. You can set locals files, but for whatever reasons they don't respect their CSS. Works on the first tab, not on any other. Might work if the CSS would be inline, but who would want that? Guess it has something to do with local vs. addon-startup path or whatever...You can't use inline CSS.
I don't see a reason why it should work on the first tab and not in others. Please test with a fresh Firefox profile and report an issue on GitHub if the problem still exists.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Yin Cognito, před 5 letyJust like matif525 said below, this addon is almost perfect ... except for the cases when users try the 'Undo close tab' command after opening a new tab. Great work, developer, but you should take a peek at New Tab Page by Openview-Design, cause that addon manages to 'Undo close tab' AND focus the web page instead of the address bar correctly. Too bad I had to check about a half a dozen addons for such a simple functionality that should be provided right out of the box by every browser...
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele matif525, před 5 letyThis addon is nice, but it leave a blank page in history, so that when you close a page then open a new page, and then undo close tab, will make Firefox open wrong page, not the page you closed. And also all the recently closed pages are all the blank pages if you opened many new pages.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 12055887, před 5 letythe extension works as expected. But newly opened tabs are laggy. I have "about:blank" configured as what is to be shown when opening a new tab. Usually I begin to type in something (url, search) in the address bar immediately after opening a new tab. With this extension this doesn't work anymore. Everything I type in after opening a tab until, say, 1.5s after that gets selected and overwritten.
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele jgdavis, před 5 letyWorks, but really need to figure out how to prevent that annoying WHITE FLASH thats cause by the extention.
I set my NEW TAB background to black using usercontent.css code, but it does not help the flashing.
Is there some way for you to set the background color to the users choice within New Tab Override, and solve the issue?
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13474078, před 5 letyI'm puzzled about how to use it. What I'd like it to do is to open a new tab in the current parent browser whenever I click a link shown in any tab. Please help.
Thanks, Richard Phillips
- Hodnocení: 3 z 5od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 13447104, před 5 letyWhen using any option that places a URL in the address bar of a new tab the address bar gets focused but the text is not selected for writing over. Have to Ctrl-A and type over the URL set for the new tab. Started occurring with the switch to WebExtensions. Pain in the ass.
- Please don't give bad reviews (and only 3 stars are bad!) without saying what's wrong. New Tab Override has a lot of features and all features works without problems. If you need some different option please tell what you're missing. But such a review is useless…