On 03/10/2016, it does not work properly!! Ohodnoceno 5 z 5 hvězdiček
When you select a word in English to get the defintion, it does not work at all. Same when you select a word in another language for translation.
One feature you should add is the possibility to select individual words for translation from a foreign language. Sometimes, you are forced to select a sentence and you cannot select individual words.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Firefox 45.
Keep improving this great addon. Thank you to the developer for this great addon.
One page in Spanish does not work with Google translate. Ohodnoceno 5 z 5 hvězdiček
At http://www.microsoftinsider.es/83853/exclusiva-conoce-la-microsoft-band-2-antes-que-nadie-en-microsoft-insider/ , when I press the google translate button, nothing happens. But when I go to Google translate, it works when I put this URL!
Thanks for this addon.
SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT. Ohodnoceno 5 z 5 hvězdiček
Hello the developer,
1) Could you allow the user to select a few words or a sentence or even a paragraph and using Ctrl+Alt (the option I use to start Google Translate), I would then be able to have the full translation displayed in a yellow small window, without having to open a new tab to see the translation of this longer sentence or paragraph.
So far, I can only managed to translate a single word at a time using Ctrl+Alt to trigger Google Translate and that is not enough at all.
2) Google Translate (using the button) does not translate the comments that appear on a page.
Check with this Norwegian page for instance at http://www.vg.no/sport/artikkel.php?artid=10116148
3) Because Google Translate has been abandoned by Google, you might want to give a choice to the user of this add-on to use a different Translate tool. Maybe a similar tool than Google Translate is also usable with Bing Translate or Babylon Translate?
Thanks to consider these suggestions.
Many thanks to the developer for this add-on.
A important improvement. Thanks. Ohodnoceno 5 z 5 hvězdiček
To the developer Zen:
1) First improvement to add.
When I press the Google button that I placed at the top right of my Firefox browser window (using Customize), when I translate a page in a foreign language, it shows:
Google Translate Translated to: English Show original Options
Could you change this statement to the following one:
Google Translate Translated to: English From: (the foreign language should be stated here) Show original Options
As you can see, I have just added: "From: (the foreign language should be stated here)".
Many times, I have no clues whatsoever which language it is translated from and that bothers me a lot, as I speak several languages and at least I want to educate myself further at recognizing foreign languages that I do not know.
2) Sometimes, there is just a few sentences in a foreign language in a page that is mainly in English. I select the sentences, move the mouse cursor over them, and click Ctrl+Alt but it does not give me the translation for these few sentences in a foreign language.
Thanks a lot to consider adding this important detail 1) at the next update.
For 2), thanks to have a look at it.
Many thanks to the developer for providing this awesome add-on.