- od uživatele Mrowa378, před 3 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5This addon is good but has some disadvantages, among others, a little slows down the website and browser and not all trackers catching is so that some tolerates and I would not want some tolerate :-( I would really like this add-on to optimize the operation of the browser and the operation of websites in 1.0 s so that it would go so quicklyHey there, would you mind sending some examples of where you are noticing things running slower to firstname.lastname@example.org? We are always looking to improve, thanks!
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14522109, před 3 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5seems to be blocking pop ups and ads but it has a complicated set up not sure if its easier to use if you sign up and download their extra stuff. not able to click on a button to remove an element of a page cant right click to remove an element either
- od uživatele Holmemoss, před 3 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5In order to clarify the situation for everyone, does the new version on Ghostery collect log in details?Hi, in order for Ghostery to block trackers and ads, it needs to be able to detect and take action on elements of a web page as you browse. We do not record sensitive information(including login credentials as you browse), record browsing history, or disclose user data. Note that despite the prompt being new, Ghostery is not introducing any new permissions with the update. You can read about this in greater detail on our FAQ page, here: https://www.ghostery.com/faqs/why-am-i-being-prompted-to-approve-an-update-from-ghostery/
We are also open source, which you can view here: https://github.com/ghostery/ghostery-extension
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14177324, před 4 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5I used to like Ghostery, until it started using around 15% of one of my processors - I've disabled it now.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14113947, před 4 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5Algunas veces percibo que ralentiza las paginas web.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 5957935, před 4 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5It displays annoying red circle in the corner, or sometimes a big red rectangle, which shows how many counters it blocked. There is no way to switch it off.
PS: with respect to developer's response, I was unable to find the ways to get to settings. When I click the icon, I don't get to settings. Users should not spend time discover how to get rid of annoying alerts (any alert is annoying if it is on the area alotted for displaying webpages), such alerts should be off by default, and getting to settings should be intuitive.We don't have a red icon..purple yes... you can turn off all notifications like the alert bubble and counter from the settings > notifications section. If you would like more assistance shoot us an email! email@example.com
- od uživatele ridevries, před 4 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5Works OK, but slows Firefox (60.0) down, many websites need twice as much time to load, even when added to the trusted list. When it is removed, speed is normal again. Ghostery does not make Chrome slower.
- od uživatele Uživatel Firefoxu - 14027598, před 4 letyHodnocení: 3 z 5The blocker seems to be working well but I don't understand why it doesn't block trackers by default? Do I really need to block trackers manually on every website I visit?Everyone's privacy preferences are different which is why the current version does not block by default. You don't need to set page by page. Click the Icon > Settings > Global Blocking and click "Block All"