Ohodnoceno 3 z 5 hvězdiček
Tested in Windows7. The plugin is unstable. The browser starts to slow down.
Why you can not do Split tab within the same browser window?
Why this is redesigned based on multiple windows instead of subframes in a window?
1) I think that each "pane" should have navigation toolbar.
2) Old Fox Splitter actuary did it, however, very long codes were required and it had too less maintainability.
3) So I couldn't update the old Fox Splitter for 1.5 years.
4) During that time, similar new addons "Tile Tabs" and "Tile View" debuted. I hope that they can replace my old Fox Splitter.
5) However, after I tried them, I couldn't become familiar with their concept. I thought that their "tiled view in a tabbrowser" is hard-to-understand.
6) And, both "Tile Tabs" and "Tile View" didn't provide navigation toolbar for each pane. I realized that it was a unique feature of my old Fox Splitter and no other addon inherited the concept. I thought that I have to implement such an extension by myself if I want to use it -- no one does it for me except myself.
7) I decided to update Fox Splitter.
8) I don't want to abandon the new Fox Splitter for a long time. High maintainability (and compatibility) code is strongly required for me. The old Fox Splitter didn't have them and I cannot cover them by my crazy hacking time - now I have less time to do it.
They are the reason why I designed Fox Splitter based on multiple windows.
I recommend you to try Tile Tabs ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tile-tabs/ ) or Tile View ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/tile-view/ ).