- per Firefox user 16930830, fa 3 mesosS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5won't block annoying outro/ending animations
edit: wrong, moderators have locked certain videos from them being blocked
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 3 mesosyes it does, it is just disabled by default
Videos are locked from getting new segments when all the segments have been submitted to prevent spam. I don't know your exact situation, but you are probably mad by either
1. a decision to leave in a certain sponsor disclosure that is required knowledge for the video due to it being required to know the bias of the speaker in the video (example: a fully sponsored "review" about a product, you can't just skip the sponsor disclosure)
2. segments being submitted under the self promotion category that you do not agree with (just enable that category in settings to skip those too)
3. It is a new video, someone submitted stuff before you and you need to refresh
- per Firefox user 14963485, fa 3 mesosS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5I installed this and tried it and was not able to make it work. None of my friends could figure it out either. Out consensus: Does not work! Maybe we missed something... Either way, it got removed. Sorry, no offense intended.
- per Firefox user 16963471, fa 4 mesosS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5Great idea, terrible execution. Instead of actually allowing you to skip what you want, certain videos from certain channels are allowed to bypass this entirely and they will show you their ads regardless. STOP ALLOWING YT CHANNELS TO PAY OFF THIS DEVELOPER
Edit: To be specific, whenever you try to skip a certain segment on certain videos the message is displayed:
"New submissions are not allowed for the following category: 'sponsor'. A moderator has decided that no new segments are needed and that all current segments of this category are timed perfectly."
Thanks moderator, you made the decision for the community. Why even bother having one then?
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 4 mesosWhy would you believe such a rediculus conspiracy?
Edit: If you think a video was locked incorrectly, send a message on discord. You are probably referring to either self promotion or fully sponsored videos that need their disclaimers shown to show bias. No one is paying me, we just are trying to not spread misinformation
- per Firefox user 16744781, fa 7 mesosS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5Works great if you don't need the whitelist function; if you do, seems to depend on whether the addon is having a good day or not.
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 7 mesosThe issue seems to be that the extension doesn't have permission to the domain used for getting the YouTube video info. The next update adds a check for it and will then prompt a permission prompt. The current workaround is to give it access to all sites: https://github.com/ajayyy/SponsorBlock/issues/611#issuecomment-801579094
Next update is still WIP, but that part is already implemented if you want to clone from source: https://github.com/ajayyy/SponsorBlock/pull/690