Feedbro fully respects your privacy.
Feedbro feed reader
- stores data only locally on your hard drive using chrome.storage.local API and HTML5 IndexedDB - it does not store anything on servers on the Internet
- does NOT share any data about your feed reading habits, subscriptions or any personal information
- does NOT access or change any information on the pages you visit (except to find RSS links on the page when you request it)
Required extension permissions:
- "Access your data for all websites"
This permission is needed so that Feedbro can read feeds from the URLs that you subscribe to.
- "Display notifications to you"
This permission is needed in order to display desktop notifications of new feed entries when a Rule is matched with an action to show a desktop notification.
- "Access browser tabs"
This permission is needed in order to enable "Find Feeds on Current Tab" feature which helps you to quickly find RSS/Atom feed links on the page that you are looking at. This is only done when the user requests it.
- "Store unlimited amount of client-side data"
This permission is needed to ensure that chrome.storage.local can hold all the feed subscriptions, rules and settings data.