- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Benjamin Bach, fa 4 anysThis is a very cleanly done extensions, I'm impressed by the preview layout. It's a winner.
I hope that it will support opening up feeds with an local application, too. But I can see if this somehow adds a security concern (an extension calling an external application), it isn't desirable.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Álvaro González, fa 4 anysA nice all-in-one solution that just works. It provides a toolbar button to discover feeds with a menu to select one, it renders the XML right in the browser and it even has a customisable subscribe button pre-configured with eight online services.
Being picky, I'm not fond of having all items initially collapsed and it also seems to ignore <content:encoded> tags entirely but, honestly, that's minor stuff.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Ulysses, fa 4 anysCool, thanks for saving the day after Mozilla hung us out to dry yet again. Please emit a link rel="alternate" that points to the same URL so that my WebExtension feedreader gets a chance to subscribe too.
Update: Thank you for the addition.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Firefox user 14515221, fa 4 anysDoes exactly what it says by displaying a clickable icon in the URL bar. Also allows to subscribe right from the preview with a bunch or readers, including my not very popular choice, NewsBlur.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Simon Julou, fa 4 anysGreat Add-on. Would it be possible to have the option to choose either the orange icon or the grey icon? I prefer the orange icon as I like it to stand out when a page has an RSS Feed. Thanks
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Firefox user 11290810, fa 4 anysThanks a lot Guido for this addon!
Now that Firefox 64.0 has dropped support for RSS your addon is probably the best one available for RSS preview and 1-click subscription to web-based feed readers/aggregators like Inoreader/Feedly/etc.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per sojusnik, fa 4 anysGreat add-on, thanks! Would like to see a monochrome icon though, as the colored stands out: https://i.imgur.com/mcIXpsy.png
My preferred offline feed reader is QuiteRSS. It seems that at the moment it's not possible to add a command to open it. Can you implement that?Yes, I was thinking about using a greyscale icon which does not stand out so much. But note that it will still look out of place when using themes since there currently is neither a way for addons to specify themed icons for page actions nor to use the browser's foreground and background color as native widgets do. The relevant bugs for that are: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1367042 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1409107
And I'm afraid you'll have to resort to copy and paste when using an offline reader since it is impossible for web extensions to launch arbitrary user-configured executables.
- S'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5per Knocker, fa 4 anysGreat little addon. Just the right tool to look into a podcast feed without copying the URL into an external podcatcher. Of course also useful for looking into any other RSS-feed.