- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per Coldblackice, fa 4 anysGreat addon! The only thing missing that it could really use is the ability to whitelist -- whitelist by domain, or even better, whitelist by any part of a URL that's seen.
As an example, the Skip-Redirect addon does this, and it works well (I'm not advertising that addon; they're different addons that serve different purposes). Otherwise, you have to disable this addon's functionality altogether when a certain site isn't working.
What would also be great is if there was a notification or popup that could appear when stripping occurs. Skip-Redirect also does this and it's helpful to know, since sometimes functionality on a site breaks and it can be confusing what caused it (the website itself, uBlock Origin, Skip-Redirect, other addons, etc).
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 4 anysThanks for your positive feedback. You can see a little orange badged at the top right corner from the ClearURLs icon, that increases with every action ClearURLs takes for the current URL in the active tab.
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per exLSD, fa 4 anysGood extension. But there is a problem: it blocks playback on sites.
Instead of the video we get the text:
"Cyclical redirection on the page
Firefox has determined that the server redirects the request to this address in such a way that it will never end.
This problem may occur when disabling or prohibiting the acceptance of cookies."
What is the problem?
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 4 anysThanks for your positive feedback.
Can you please describe your problem in more details. The best way to do this is to open an issue at the gitlab page of ClearURLs or email me to email@example.com and please add the log to your report.
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per Firefox user 12252317, fa 5 anysSomeone wrote below: "It has a box to batch clean a collection of dirty links, context menu to copy clean link."
I cannot find this option (or an option to see a list of dirty links at all) maybe because I do not have an entry for ClearURLs in the context menu, any possible reason for this ? Sometimes (but rarely) I have problems with GUI of addons because of my desktop resolution (my eyes are not the youngest anymore), the last thing I see at the bottom of the GUI is "Rule status up to date" (in German here), is this right ? Wondering why I do not have an entry in the context menu...
Edit: I just looked at pictures of the GUI at gitlab and there seems to be a section "Log" under "Rules" at the bottom indeed (which I cannot see) so my assumption was quite right (GUI just "too big" on my desktop), reduces the functionality of the addon unfortunately of course but no solution for this probably. But does this explain the missing entry in the context menu, too ?
Okay, I found the icon for cleaning links by adding them manually in a new window, is it possible to see a list of links blocked or cleaned by ClearURLs in the statistics or elsewhere on the other hand ?
Edit/reply to you answer: I cannot see the log button because of my desktop resolution but this is not very important.
Any idea why I do not get an entry in the context menu ? But I can live without this, too, addon seems to be very good anywayThanks for your positive feedback.
Please have a look at our wiki: https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/wikis/Interface/1.-Version-1.2.1.x
You have to activate the "Logging". Only then the "Log" button will appear in the UI.
Edit: If you can open the settings, replace the "settings.html" with "log.html" and you will be on the log page. But you must still activate the "Logging" function to see an entry.
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per Firefox user 14753169, fa 5 anysDoes it work with google chat links?Yes, it should work with google chat links. But if you want, you can open an issue (https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/issues) with some examples and I will more deeply investigate.
Please check out if the behavior also occurs with the newest version 1.6.
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per Clemens Ratte-Polle, fa 5 anys2022.10
does it remove this? : ?utm_source=
does ClearURLs remove also Facebook-Tacking at the end of URLs like
I see no effect.
On Facebook no effect o_O
Is there a Chrome extension?
unfortunately i cant reply to your answer below.
thx for your service :)
There is more to clean Facebook Links from Tracking-Signs:
Just testet - does not do its job :(
Click here first post:
There still comes:
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/?hc_ref**********Thanks for your positive feedback. I've updated the rule file. Now your facebook urls will be cleaned. There are existing a chrome version of this addon, but not officially on the chrome webstore. Please read on this article why: https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/issues/86
The chrome version is available here for manually installation: https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/tags?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search=_cv
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per glibglob, fa 5 anysthis addon breaks the drop down on google search pages for meThank you for your positive feedback.
Can you please describe your problem in more details. The best way to do this is to write me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and add the Log to the email.
Edit: I've fix the bug. Please visit our issue page for more informations (https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/issues/99)
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per rosekitsune1, fa 6 anysI use Firefox Nightly 62 64 bit on my Windows 10 April 2018 laptop. And I can't get CleanUrl 188.8.131.52 to work in privacy browsing. The icon shows up but... in the drop down menu I try to flip a switch on it flips but as soon as I... close the drop down menu the switch flips off and it does this every time, Also all the text below the name and version does not show up at all. And the Oops something went wrong button! shows up And this only happens when I'm in privacy browsing in non privacy browsing CleanUrl 184.108.40.206 works just fine. Thank you
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 6 anysThanks for your positive feedback.
Unfortunately, this is a well-known bug of the WebExtensions API that we have no control over. We would have to rewrite the entire addon, so that the pop-up window is also displayed in private mode. But the addon still filter in private mode the URLs correctly, it just can not be displayed. Please also see the official Bugreport from Mozilla: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1329304
This "bug" annoys a lot of developers of addons, because it is an unnecessary limitation of Mozilla, which makes it very difficult for the developers to develop their addons. We may eventually rewrite the addon and try to work around that limitation. But that means very much work for us, for which we first have to find time.
EDIT: ClearURLs works in version 1.5a also in the private mode (Incognito).
- S'ha valorat amb 4 sobre 5per Firefox user 6349131, fa 6 anysgreat addon, works as intented but my only issue is it messes up with google's localization. normally when you go to google.com; it redirects you to your country's local google page and if you still want to use google.com you click "use google.com instead" on bottom right corner and go to google.com but this does not work with this add on. it stays stuck in local google. hope this gets fixed. otherwise great addon.
Resposta del desenvolupadors'ha publicat fa 6 anysThank you for your positive feedback. We will check this issue.
Edit: I finally found the cause for the bug. I am so sorry that it took so long. Please visit our issue page for more information (https://gitlab.com/KevinRoebert/ClearUrls/issues/99)