S'ha valorat amb 4,7 sobre 5
4,7 estrelles de 5
- per Ba Ba Booey, fa 2 horesS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Good god people, read the release notes before you freak out. This is still as good as it gets. Raymond Hill isn't coming for your precious IP's...
- per Firefox user 15043717, fa 2 horesS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5Used to be pretty great... but the latest update, as you may have noticed, asks for your IP address and computer name.
You are NOT getting that information. I'll find a new adblocker.
- per Firefox user 13221270, fa 3 horesS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5Ask for your IP and device name in last update, unacceptable. Looks like another good ad blocker gone astray. RIP. Deleting (PS: they started 5star upvoting their changes rapidly after this privacy invasion, beware)
- per scrub, fa 4 horesS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Signed up specifically to leave this review after seeing the nonsense 1 star reviews in response to permissions prompt from the latest update. Per the other comments, READ THE RELEASE NOTES.
This is a fantastic add-on and Raymond Hill is an absolute champion. This project refuses donations and instead urges users wishing to offer their support to donate instead to the maintainers of open source filter lists, contrast this with say Adblock Plus and its "Acceptable ads" program which involves charging large institutions fees to whitelist their advertising.
Don't be a muppet and post knee-jerk 1-star reviews for an app which has done so much to keep the internet USABLE for so many of us. Do your research.
- per Firefox user 14054604, fa 4 horesS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Still a great add-on. Regarding the recent update requiring IP and hostname permissions, see the dev's official statement on this below:
uBO requires a new permission, dns, which is required to solve issue 780. This may triggers a new permission warning from Firefox when uBO updates to the latest dev build, specifically 'Access IP address and hostname information', even though this was already possible for uBO to access that information (through the webRequest API)"
- per Dan, fa 6 horesS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5DO NOT INSTALL THIS ADD-ON, it will steal private information from your device(s). There is absolutely no reason for this add-on to need your IP address and hostname.
- per Neurone, fa 7 horesS'ha valorat amb 1 sobre 5User Permissions !?!?
You want what ?
My IP address and name ?
Literally everything you should NOT be asking for.
Make the explanation concise and bulletproof.
(finger hovering over the uninstall button)
- per That Guy, fa 8 horesS'ha valorat amb 5 sobre 5Hey, uBO requires new permission, but I won't check what's it's for on the main plugin page in "release notes" section. I'll use the feedback form on the same page and give this plugin 1 star with question what the new permission is for. Me is genius.