EN/Great plugin - my daily timesaver/killer! PL/Świetny plugin oraz oszczędzacz/zabijacz czasu! Rated 5 out of 5 stars
[ENG] I love this! I can save so much time using this plugin, that's just unbelievable. Or if I'm bored, I can easily kill my time with it. Just one click and I can see all videos I didn't watched from the channels I subscribe. I highly recommend it!
[POL] Uwielbiam to! Dzięki temu pluginowi mogę zaoszczędzić tak wiele czasu, po prostu nieprawdopodobne. Albo gdy się nudzę, mogę szybko zabić ten czas. Wystarczy jedno kliknięcie i mam przed oczyma wszystkie filmy, których nie zdążyłem jeszcze obejrzeć. Gorąco polecam!
//TO DEV: If possible, please add:
1) Logging with YouTube account, so you don't have to type all those subscribed channels (I saw your reply to that, but if you could do it, it will be amazing)
2) Sorting videos by their length, that if you don't have much time, you can always watch the shortest one. I mean, it's something!
3) Possibility to change to the dark theme, or it could switch automatically around 8p.m. to like 8a.m. (or you can just decide at what time it will change).
Thanks again for that brilliant plugin! ;)
Great but needs some more functions Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Love this for seeing what is updated in channels I like. However, it would be much more useful with a few tweaks:
1) The list of subscriptions should be sortable, alphabetical sort would be helpful.
2) There should be a dismiss button so new videos can be removed from the list without opening them.
3) option for smaller thumbnail size would be nice.
How about an overlay icon to remove the item? That would be very obvious.
You can already dismiss videos by control clicking them.
I will consider adding support for the other feature. Thank you for using the add-on!
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Are you considering adding an option to import the subscribed channels directly from an youtube account?
No plans to support that. I don't think there is an easy way for me to get a user to sign in with their Youtube account then grab their subscription from that.
Youtube does provide a way to export your subscriptions to a file, which I can read. I don't think that's much easier though.
Glad you like the add-on!
Will this be disappearing with Firefox 42 Rated 4 out of 5 stars
I really like this addon but it appears that I'm not going to be giving the choice about whether I keep this on my PC by Firefox because after the arrival of 42 unless this gain accreditation from Firefox it will nolonger be enabled to run.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (2.0.3). This user has 2 previous reviews of this add-on.
Don't worry, this add-on is signed by Mozilla. You should be able to keep using it after 42 lands.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Really convenient. Have been missing a ton of videos with youtube's subscription service because of the amount of channels I'm subscribed to.
Btw, xrxr I've been having problems recently where I am trying to add a new channel to the subscription checker, but it keeps loading while searching for the channel with no end in sight. I haven't been able to add any new channels. Also, where are the subscriptions stored so I can back them up? Thanks
Thanks for your kind words!
About searches not resolving, I think that is more likely an issue Youtube's api, it might have fixed itself. You can try retrying. If it still doesn't work, then it's probably me. In that case, please open an issue on project's Github page, and we can work together to fix the issue. This page isn't suited for bug reports.
As for backing up your local subscriptions, as writing you have a few options:
Easy: update to 2.0+, which has an interface for exporting and importing your data. It's available here under "See complete version history" which is under "version information". (P.S. It also comes with a lot of other features you might like, read through the changelog)
- It has not been reviewed by AMO editors. You will have to trust me that it's safe. 2.0 was sent to AMO for reviewing on February 10th 2015, and AMO got back to me almost 4 months later. It might be a while before 2.0.3 passes review.
- Even though I've tried my best in testing the migration from 1.0 to the 2.0 series, it's entirely possible that the update causes data lose. Again, in my testing I never ran into data loss due to update. You will have to trust that my migration code will work correctly on your data set.
Harder: open up your Firefox profile (I will leave it to you to find how), and the data should be in the path "jetpack/youtube-subscription-checker\@xrxr/simple-storage/", you can back that file up.
- I personally would be very uncomfortable doing this... where and how the data is stored is very much an implementation detail of the add-on SDK. This might not be the only file that the SDK uses to keep track of everything. I've never tested whether backing up and then restoring data this way works.
So currently there is no perfect solution. I leave it up to you to choose one or do both.
Thanks for using my add-on!
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
I installed this add-on but I can't see the option to configure it anywhere.Where is it supposed to be? Using Firefox 37.0.2
EDIT: It doesn't appear neither in the menu nor in customize.
You should find the icon for the add-on in menu drop down. If not, you should be able to find it in customize.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Большое спасибо.This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.1-signed).
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Clean, elegant interface. Channel list is stored independently of YouTube, allowing you to 'subscribe' to channels without a Google Account.
Only problem I've encountered is attempting to increase the Check Interval - it keeps resetting itself to the default 10 minutes.
Suggestions Rated 4 out of 5 stars
i like this add-on,
here are some suggestions to make it better
-Add a remove button to remove videos we do not want to watch.
-Make video links&thumbnail(small) appear in a little panel when clicking on add-on button instead of a new tab.
-Add an option to import Youtube account subscriptions (i have more than 70 ... it gets hard).
Thanks for the feedback!
There is a new version in the works that allows for custom filters based on video titles. This might help with the "skip videos don't want to watch" problem. It will also make control-clicking on videos skip it.
For the other two suggestions, they are things that are likely going to be in future versions. Thanks for the suggestions!
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
very nice would be amazing if u could port this to chrome i don't use firefox sadlyThis review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.1-signed).