- Оценена с 2 от 5от magiclantern, преди 10 месецаBeware most 5 star reviews for this extension appear to be fake. This extension (at least on macOS) requires additional software to be installed to work, and even if you've already done that it works poorly.
There is probably a better downloader out there - not sure which though.
It did download something from Vimeo which is what I needed, but after running for over an hour, still had not generated a video file in my chosen output directory. Source video was less than 1 hour long.
I discovered that it downloaded a video mp4 and an audio mp4 and was attempting to combine them. After running for almost an hour, it had produced a 12 minute video with a very large QR code taking up about 1/8 of the upper right of the screen.
I killed that process and just ran `ffmpeg -i tmpvideofile.mp4 -i tmpaudiofile.mp4 -c copy mycombinedfile.mp4` and it completed in about 10 seconds.
So in short, this *will* download something for you, but you're better off doing the combining on your own.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Firefox user 17502667, преди 10 месецаIba a poner 5 estrellas porque de verdad era muy bueno, pero no sé qué pasó ultimamente que graba los videos como sea, imágenes pasan a velocidad y no corresponden al audio
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Art, преди годинаwas working but app doesnt appear know. I cANt FIND it anywhere to be able to open it. Please help me it!
- Оценена с 2 от 5от EsZett, преди годинаLangsam, ein zusätzliches Programm ist notwendig und dann noch ein hässlicher QR-Code im Video. Früher mal top, jetzt flop :(
P.S. die zusätzliche Software lässt sich nicht rückstandslos deinstallieren
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Stylu, преди годинаI use to love it - still do but apparently I noticde that it is slowing down everything in my browser. Every player from Reddit, Facebook and other websites except youtube gets slowed down and it takes forever to get to HD quality. So I have to disable it until I need to download something again.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Zabadoh, преди годинаAnnoying.
First of all installation: It requires a "helper program" to be downloaded and installed to your PC separately.
Then the plugin downloads the video, but spends your CPU cycles to add an annoying QR code for the developer to the downloaded video, adding BOTH delay AND annoyance to the download process.
If I wanted a QR code added to the video that I want to save, then I would ask for it.
Useless and annoying. Don't bother installing this
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Matthieu, преди годинаthe QR code hard coded on every recorded video is too big and too annoying. Asking 20 bucks for such a small software which uses open source libraries to convert video is way above legitimate.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от YEC, преди годинаDiese add-on ist für mich sehr hilfreich (5 Sterne). Dafür zahle ich auch für die (sehr teuere) Konvertierung, jede Arbeit muss entlohnt werden. Warum aber für Firefox UND Chrome zweimal gezahlt werden muss sehe ich nicht ein (2 Sterne Abzug). Egal was ich gerade für einen Browser benutze, habe ich für eine anständige Konvertierung bezahlt. Ausserdem arbeitet die Konvertierung sehr, sehr langsam! Wenn möglich, benutze ich für Downloads den ultraschnellen Browser 1DM+. Konvertierung ist dort sehr flott und kostenlos integriert. Da lohnt sich die sehr günstige Bezahlversion des Browsers!
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Firefox user 17407360, преди годинаFor many months I used this extension to download videos smoothly and efficiently from any website. But now this tool is not working properly for unknown reason. My browser is Firefox on Windows 11 and the same laptop, which is MS Surface Book 2. Any explanation or solution would be much appreciated.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Firefox user 14312962, преди годинаesta bien pero falla muchas veces que no graba
- Оценена с 2 от 5от David Davidson, преди годинаUsed to get the job done satisfying, but not anymore. The video lags when I click around now and the quality is subpar. Much worse than before, and I assume it's intentional. What a shame
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Firefox user 16035516, преди годинаWorked great in the past, save some strangeness a few versions back with live streams. Now Ubuntu has dropped support for the deb package for Firefox, and the Companion App refuses to work with either Snap or Flatpak installations.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от KirkH420, преди годинаIt probably does what it claims it can do and it's nice that it's reviewed by Mozilla. However, it can't provide the basic service that it claims that it's designed for, unless the user installs additional software and in my opinion, it's kinda shady that they didn't mention this on their add-on info page. So I removed it without trying further actions.
Should definitely be up front regarding additional required dependencies. Especially when most of the other similar add-ons do mention it. It's almost like, they're hoping to catch a few extra downloads from people who're looking to avoid the additional "helper" executable.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Jim, преди годинаUsed to work fine. Now it needs fixed! Keeps demanding some stinking companion app.
If the thing doesn't work, fix it. Should not have to have a special "app" installed for it to work.
Looking for something better.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от wytrzeszcz, преди година+ It does what it supposue to do rather well, handy if youtube-dl can't go deep enough
- Boi does it mine or something, when not use it ate my whole ram and cpu power.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Heavy Cruiser, преди годинаI've used this app for years and have been very satisfied with it. However, it appears youtube, vimeo and many other sites have figured out how to "break" it. Now, if it downloads at all, it gets hung on "aggregating" for an hour or more. Sadly, this add on is no longer very functional, it's hit or miss if it's going to work,so I cannot recommend it.
- Оценена с 2 от 5от Astroman, преди годинаI used to use this plug in on a previous Mac OS and was very happy with it (that's why I have avoided a one star rating). However, while downloading it to run with Firefox on Mac OSX Big Sur, I have hit a brick wall. A companion app is requested but the OS states that it is out of date and cannot be checked for malware. Attempts to circumvent this security barrier have failed, the companion app won't run and thus Video Download Helper is dead in the water.