- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17951441, منذ ٣ أشهرI've been using Proton VPN for a while now. Very nice, but why are some sites/apps unresponsive with VPN ON? As for this extension, how is having a Firefox VPN extension different than connecting to VPN system-wide through the Proton app?
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17949073, منذ ٣ أشهرI would rate 5 stars, however it is quite annoying to have a notification every few minutes when the connection is established, or re-established - if there is a way to mute these notifications, this would be a huge improvement. The constant pings are distracting and unnecessary.
EDIT: My bad - there is indeed a setting to mute notifications!
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ٣ أشهرThere is a notification setting to disable them (See Features in the left side-bar). We're also investigating why on some devices the extension is seeing a state change while still connected to the same server.
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14428996, منذ ٣ أشهرProton rocks, top notch service, I use every one of their products, and am not dissapointed at al, and I'm a retired network admin and sysadmin with a huge focus on security, as I worked for a CLEC phone company.. Highly recommend
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها S_Ives, منذ ٣ أشهرI'm not a 'heavy' user however this add-on works perfectly for me. I'm really enjoying being able to tunnel my browser traffic through the VPN whilst keeping other traffic open (e.g. logging in to my workplace's email server) at the click of a button. This is perfect for me, and when I need a little more grunt then I can just jump over to the desktop client etc.
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها Hambruger, منذ ٣ أشهرThe fact that you can use this as a standalone browser extension without any need for an app is amazing, and it's the main reason I chose ProtonVPN over other vpn services.
- مقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥كتبها denix, منذ ٣ أشهرFantastic add, I use it on all my devices! Thanks
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ٣ أشهرHello,
This browser extension supports Firefox for Linux, if you have any issue running Firefox Proton VPN extension on Linux, I recommend you reach the customer support: https://protonvpn.com/support-form
About the protocol, it's simply HTTPS because that's what browser provides to do a proxy with encryption. So if browsing websites works, then it means the protocol is not blocked. However the port used might be blocked. Maybe you can try to enable Secure Core in the options as it uses the port 443 (which cannot be blocked neither as it would make the browser unusable).
I also take note of the requested profiles feature.