- كتبها Pluto, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥This addon is fantastic at what it does, however it has a fatal flaw... If you open up Firefox Nightly it's disabled and that's fine. When you go back to Firefox, all your containers are reset having the wrong names, colors, icons and and often a loss of data for some of the containers. It's really frustrating and I literally have to back up my profile every time I open nightly and restore it after finishing just to prevent this problem. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!
I also have a suggestion to have a way to manage/review the data for each container. Possibly let us have history management for individual containers?? Especially options of whether to merge pages browsed with trunk history all the time as it is now, to have a separate history, or to not save history for each tab. It would be really fantastic to even be able to import/export the profile data for a container and choose which ones to include with Firefox Sync!!
- كتبها gumbeto, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Very useful.
3 features that would improve it a lot: a) move tab to container; b) open all future tabs in this window on container X; c) open all future tabs in container X until I say so
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13874422, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Great add-on but doesn't work on android.
I'd also like a version that just automatically puts all domains into separate containers but allows you to merge them if you'd like.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14193080, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥I really want to like this plugin, it provides functionality that really should be built-in to the browser.
However, the user interface and management features are lacking.
- I can't just add websites to containers. I have to manually navigate to each website and then I can add it to a container. If I only want that website opened in the container, I have to navigate there AGAIN to check the box.
- I can't import or export lists of containers and domains. I have to start over again every time I install the plugin.
- The plugin loses track of website favicons so always shows broken image icons instead of the favicon.
- The UI for removing domains from a container has lots of visual bugs making it a challenge to use.
- Once you set a domain to always open in a container, there is no way to force the domain open in a different container. You have to remove the domain from the container completely and start over again.
Hey Mozilla, theres a ton of potential in this feature. Please don't let it die of neglect!
- كتبها AHut, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Just starting to use but very interested in the concept and I can see a definite need for this. I am one who hates to close Tabs because I am afraid I will not be able to find it later on. I like Pocket but hate that I loose all contents if I loose my password and it has to be redeveloped. Wish there was a way to save the Pocket contents permanently or semi permanently for this reason a checkbox option would be good for choosing to save the contents this way. Nothing like being off topic and for that I do NOT apologize :-/..
Keep up the good work please.
- كتبها newyork10023, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥This is the greatest thing since sliced bread BUT it is still raw and a work-in-progress (IMHO). Some issues that I've encountered include: Container configuration lost inexplicably from time to time, unable to re-arrange the list of containers (come on!), moving website to another default container requires several steps, requires an another extension (i.e., Switch Container) to switch a page to another container (or if it can it requires jumping through hoops I haven't found).
The idea is great, it will have immense benefit to privacy. It is still raw and has rough edges.
It deserves a better Rating, but the issues are super annoying.
Pair this with Cookie AutoDelete, uMatrix and uBlock Origin.
Keep on, keep on!
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14116977, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥This add-on has much potential. Definitely 5* worthy if it had the ability to
1) store log in info in each container and
2) custom sort the container list (tab sort is of no use, at least to me).
- كتبها Albert Kolkin, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Sorry, it does not work as I thought it was supposed to.
I installed it.
I have as one of my home pages a gmail work account. I assign it to Work, click on always load into work. When I restart Firefox Nightly it has not opened it in the Work container.
I tried setting the work container as part of the home pages, but that did not work either.
I do not know whether it is Nightly or some other problem. Both google emails accounts open correctly, but neither is separated from the other by category.
Now, after removing the add-on, When started Firefox Nightly yet again, I got a dialog that asked me into which container did I want to load the tab, and whether or not I wanted to load it into that container always. I would have given it a lot higher rating but for this strange "feature"
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14107704, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥It works as intended but it's annoying when I click a link to an outside site and it still opens in the current type of container. The facebook container standalone add-on breaks out of the container when clicking links to an external site, so it's strange that this add-on doesn't have that function.
- كتبها Ruben, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Love this tool for privacy, and productivity working between different jobs. But more often than not I find myself going to a site in the wrong container tab, and wish there was way to reload the same tab in a different container. Currently opening a new container tab, copying and pasting across the address across is super clunky.
- كتبها JamesGecko, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Great idea with serious usability issues. It's way too easy to accidentally open a new tab in the global container space. The addon should bind to Ctrl+T or provide it's own keyboard shortcut to open a new tab in the current container. Ctrl+. is too indirect. It's also annoying to have a delayed confirmation that a site should always open in a specific container after explicitly checking the "Always open in (container)" box. Finally, the "flicker" when opening a new tab that is set to always open in a certain container is bad. I think it's opening a normal tab, then closing it and opening a container tab? It's distracting and looks broken.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13546912, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥The basis principle of this app is great but it’s missing a few important features:
- editing the white or blacklist for container tabs directly through some interface rather than going to the website and then clicking the icon (and even then the options are limited)
- the ability to switch containers for the current tab
- configurable keyboard shortcuts
- pattern matching blacklists and white lists