- كتبها ----, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥I have a love hate relationship with this addon, as it is a halfbaked solution, missing many UX easy of use features. For example if I open a window in one container, I would like to associate to that to Work/Play environment and not always click on the stupid container addon to select which container I want to open a window in. Please think more about the design and usability of this addon.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 15484263, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥THis should be excellent, but in reality a few bugs make for a frustrating experience.
The containerization really helps when working with multiple contracts for multiple work accounts, allowing several Office 365 sessions to be signed it at a time.
I love the facebook container, as I use facebook once in a blue moon, and love that this keeps it in it's own tiny bubble.
There is some inconsistency though:
1. By default firefox opens with no default container. This means you have to open a new tab in the correct container, before you start browsing, then close the original tab.
2. If you use the keybord shortcut to open a container, it does not prompt you to choose a container, it opens an uncontainerized tab, forcing you to either reopen the tab in the correct container, or use the + in the bar, which is significantly slower from a workflow point of view.
3. You cannot set home pages per container. By default, my "work" container (for my company) always accesses the same site, with all tools launched through that site. If i could set that as the home page for my work container, then it would save me a dozen clicks and keyboard presses 30-40 times a day. Add that time up.
4. You cannot assign a book marked site to a container, as above this would vastly improve matters. THis would make the Top sites useful, as clicking them would immediately take you to the site in the correct container, likewise would mean technical research would be faster as you would not have to open the correct container by clicking the +, then choosing the container, then selecting the bookmark.
5. Right clicking a bookmark only gives you the option to open in a new tab, and this doesn't prompt you to select a container. As above makes accessing bookmarks from the correct account slow, as you need to go through the rigramole of opening the tab first, then selecting a favourite.
6. Turn off the No Container option. Now I'm using containers, all my workflow fits into one of the configured containers, so the no container option is obsolete.
- كتبها Gaël, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥The extension is interesting, but there is a big access problem with Sharepoint. When Sharepoint is in a container, I can't click on a link toward Sharepoint, the access is denied.
- كتبها Bowser, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Great app, easy to use though occasionally a bit clunky. However,
-1 star because I can't save tabs and containers, just tabs. So if I save facebook, but have a personal and business account in two separate containers, it will reopen a single facebook tab. Please add this feature
-1 start because wildcard urls aren't supported (e.g. www.*.example.com and www.example.com/*)
- كتبها Ryan, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥It works, but it's very tedious. Please add support for wildcards like *.example.com/www.*.example.com. Also, a setting to always open a domain match in its specified container instead of having to select to always do it would be helpful.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 15776659, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥This add-on is a good idea and I really want to use it. But there's a few things that keep it down for me
1) Lack of wildcard subdomain support is a killer. I read the issue on the subject and it seems there's privacy concerns with that. But the fact is that all the big sites you'd really want to confine to a container use subdomains constantly and often so it makes it frustratingly difficult to actually confine a site like google to its own container.
2) I could probably live with #1 if there was a way to tell the extension to open the current site in a specified container in the future. Right now it appears you have to copy the url, use the extension to make a tab in the desired container, revisit the site and then tell it to stay there. That's a whole lot of steps for something you're going to have to do all the time without wildcard subdomain support.
3) Once you're in a container, all navigation done from websites in that container remain in that container. So for instance, if I put google in a container and then click a link the search result, that link opens in the same container. This completely undermines the point for me, I can't actually use this to keep a site from tracking me unless I go put every single site on the internet in its own box manually. That's entirely too much effort, especially given the difficulty of actually putting a site in its own container (see #2)
I'm giving this 3 stars and will probably keep using it because it is still convenient as a multi-session tool. Going to the same site in multiple sessions is something I have to do for work a lot so it is handy for that. But I'm hoping it evolves because it could be quite a lot more if they made it easier to just completely containerize the sites of your choice.
- كتبها Martin Phillips, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Leaky. I've got three containerised tabs open to crosscountrytrains.co.uk showing different legs of a journey. Trying to book through one tab gives a booking connection to a different tab.
- كتبها Nibinaear, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥It's exactly what I've been looking for, but I have a few gripes about it:
1. Moving existing tabs to containers is a real pain (new users). The only way I know is to Right click tab > Reopen in container, but this produces a duplicate and then I have to delete the old tab.
2. It's very slow to toggle containers on/off and you can't see which ones are currently switched on. it could do with a simple toggle method which would grey out the group or show a hidden icon next to it. Personally I would like to use 1 group at a time and leave the others off.
3. Very limited list of colours and icons for containers. It needs basics such as music, films, news, coding, videos etc.
4. I've moved the icon to replace the new tab button in the toolbar using Customize. Could the CTRL+T shortcut be linked with the addon as well?
5. After adding loads of tabs using above method 1 of my groups is totally empty, others seem suspiciously empty (1-2 tabs only), I have lost quite a few tabs by using this.
6. Not compatible with "group speed dial" for opening new tabs
7. When reloading the browser tabs fall out of containers and they become empty, defect?
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 12765412, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥The extension is generally good, however... WHY IS IT NOT AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID?!
Same issue with syncing multicontainers: since I've got only 1 PC and 2 mobile phones, I want to sync it between PC and Android device, not between 2 PCs.
Please add this feature and my rating will go up to 5 stars straight away.
- كتبها GaryA, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥I like the purpose of this add-on, but gave it only 3 stars because it currently fails in its stated purpose to "Keep different kinds of browsing far away from each other ... ". It will automatically open a container when it detects a site assigned to it. However, once in a container, it will open websites in it that are not assigned to any container. I find that it's very easy to forget to manually open a new tab when going to a website not assigned to the container. When in a container and opening a website not assigned to it or another container, a new tab should be opened automatically for the new, unassigned website.
- كتبها Jaden Pleasants, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥It's usable I guess.
The main issues it has are:
1. when forcing a site to always load in a specific container, subdomains are never included. There should be a way to include them.
2. After setting a site to always open in a container, there's an extra dialogue that appears the next time you open that site, which can sometimes render the browser inoperable.
3. It requires a keybinding even if you don't want it to be set to anything.
4. You can't make it so certain sites load in the default container.