- كتبها MikT, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥This extension worked fine for me before. But since one year my different conainters don't remember my 2 gmail accounts, so i'm forced to relog each time. Reinstall of firefox doens't solve the matter.
If someone has any other advice or other extention to recommend, i'm all ears.
- كتبها crisco.lord, منذ عام واحدمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥This add-on is basically the only reason I use Firefox, and it has so many issues that I frequently contemplate leaving it.
Syncing across multiple devices (Windows, Mac, Linux) just doesn't work. It doesn't. On Windows I have 4 duplicate "Home" containers that reappear every time I sync. On Linux I get over 10,000 "Personal" containers. On Mac, who knows. I delete the extra containers (or try, on Linux), and next time I sync a device, they're back! It's maddening!
Now on Linux I've uninstalled and reinstalled a dozen times, and it won't add my custom groups. Where did they go? Why is this so hard?
- كتبها katinka, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥I wanted to have gmail (my work account) in one container, and gmail( my private account) in another. The whole thing breaks which makes the extension pretty much worthless.
- كتبها Niklas, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Great concept but not useable for me. For example I use DuckDuckGo "bangs" a lot. For visiting Twitter I type !tw in to DuckDuckGo. I want to automatically switch containers when I visit Twitter however with a redirect (like with duckduckgo bangs) I have an "empty" tab in the default container and a new one with twitter which is pretty annoying. I hope this get's improved in the future.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14728626, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥This extension interrupted me with a stupid pop-up begging me to come here and write a review, so here's your two-star review. It would be five stars if you didn't show me inane pop-ups.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13176119, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥The idea is great, it worked great. It took me weeks to finetune everything and really think about what I would like to open in which container. Had a few problems with webshops opening in one container and the bank to pay in a different one. Also quite a few 'prove that you are who you say you are by clicking the link in your email' type of situations, which were opened in the wrong tabs. Everything in the end worked great! But then I had a problem with firefox and decided to refresh firefox. Normally not a problem, due to sync I have all my settings back within a few minutes. But every site was opening without containers. I waited and waited and waited and waited... Yeah, no link to sync. Bye bye weeks of work to get 12 containers work brilliantly.
Since one of the most important functions is completely missing... only 2* otherwise 5*
- كتبها GLComputing, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Not really useful without the ability to sync and to move or copy cookies and site data when reassigning a site to another container
- كتبها UnknownEngineer, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Great idea, lazy execution.
Often fails to contain certain sites in their containers, popup for confirming a site be exclusively handled in given container sometimes unusable. Containers are a single flat list.
All that is minor, for an official addon it cannot sync settings, and settings are partially lost when disabled. Sites contained in default containers will be remembered, custom containers permanently lost.
If you are going to delete everything on disable (not remove), for any reason, at-least be thorough.
TLDR: Bare minimum functionality, still buggy. Is being an example an excuse for being poorly done?
- كتبها iidlbii, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Great idea. Too many bugs.
Works great until all of the container configuration disappears and it for some reason reverts to the original four default containers it comes with upon installation. I hope it gets better. It is pretty frustrating to recreate ~10 containers and assign dozens of web sites to each of them more than once.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14981045, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Simple and useful application, but... It deleted all of my containers when I disabled it for short time.. so it should be? Then how to restore containers?
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14733564, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥As this extension stands, it doesn't offer enough options to be truly powerful. You can't make websites truly exclusive to their containers (at least I haven't found that option) and you can't have containers that wipe out their data after you stop using them (essentially mini private tabs) and the developers don't seem to be interested in such features.
It's OK but nothing special. Too simplistic to be really useful in actuality.
- كتبها brianary, منذ عامينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥This extension (which I've become dependent on) has stopped working recently. Now I'm given a choice to open a site in a given container, but the button doesn't do anything.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14381544, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Very limited. Very easy to use different container by mistake. CTRL-click inside one container opens tab in different one. New tab (Firefox "empty" page) is unaffected by container - shows pages opened in all containers.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 14249225, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥There is no option to multi login on same contanier, like 1 gmail account to personal and another for work...
It's a very nice idea of thw extension, but is missing a few useful functions that you can only have on google chrome like this one I said.
Another thing is that even if you add any adress to your container and when you try to open it with your saved favorites adresses,you will have to save again site bye site to when you open it form your favorite bookmarks, it load on the exactly container that you want, otherwise it never open on the correct tab that you configured.
- كتبها Marcus, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥I love the idea of Firefox Multi-Account Containers, however, this add-on requires much improvement. First complaint: I created some custom containers, as opposed to personal or shopping, which have now vanished twice from existence. I use the Facebook and Google Container Add-ons [which work great!] in conjunction with this Add-on, but that shouldn't be a reason for losing my custom containers. The worst part of the vanishing act is that I have no idea why this is happening. My second complaint is that adding a URL to a container is too cumbersome. You should be able to right click on a bookmark and add it to a container, just like you can open it in a new tab, window or private window AND you shouldn't have to confirm that you want it opened in that container upon your second visit to that URL. As it stands now, first you must open a blank tab in your desired container, then click your bookmark or enter the URL, AND THEN CLICK A CHECK BOX ON THE CONTAINERS BUTTON TO ALWAYS OPEN IN THAT CONTAINER, AND++ upon your second visit to that site, you're forced to endure a needless delay screen where you must click the check box confirming your desire to always open that URL in the specified container. Fix these 2 problems and I'll give this add-on 5 stars, but you'll only get 2 from me today.