- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 5838904, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥I have no idea how to make it work There are no instructions I can find. Shouldn't I be able to identify an URL as eg "banking" and then be able to see that tab again when I re-start firefox and open "banking" Why is it just blank? The start page seems to point to a´n instructional video. Why has that been removed? My previopus version of firefox I was using the Super Start plugin by cyberscorpio. The upgrade suspended that and erased all the shortcuts I'd built up to use there. I thought containers would be a good replacement but it's just frustrating me beyond belief.
- كتبها lf, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Good intent, terrible implemetation.
This UX is a mess. A pure mozilla experience as I remembered it. I stopped using firefox when the mozilla foundation chose to hunt the phone market instead of improving its browser and because I was fed up with UI problems that were fixed on the competing browsers. I came back because I heard about the countainers,
What a deception.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13485598, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥It flat out doesn't work for me. I keep clicking the thing saying "add new tabs" for certain containers and other things and literally none of the functions work. for me. It sounds like an awesome tool, that I really need, but it just doesn't work. It said it didn't work in the incognito mode so I went to the normal window, still doesn't work. If anyone could help me that'd be great.
- كتبها A. Hugh Jass, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Google's Chrome Accounts and switcher is my preferred may to manage separate tabsl. With Linux I have multiple Desktops. One Desktop is identified as "General", there I use my "General" account. Another Desktop is identified as Dev-Abc for a Development for Project abc. With that I have a browser opened with my Developer account; I have another developer Desktop for project "Felina", there I use the same Developer Chrome account; Then I have another Desktop for "Real Estate", again, I use my Chrome account for Real Estate searches and related sites.
Mozilla, it appears to me that you have multi accounts,and then you have this Add-on. It does not seem as "streamlined" as the Chrome-Account switcher. Which I prefer.
If you can be equal to or greater than Chrome in this regard, I would say goodbye to Chrome and use Firefox exclusively. It is a very important feature of Chrome I would like to see duplicated in FF.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 12795816, منذ ٣ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Misguiding name and description. It merely opens a labeled new tab from where you can open a site. It doesn't create any containers, there is no sites grouping and there is NO SAVING, so everything goes puff when you close such labeled tab.
Useless, useless and once again useless.
And even more then useless, because FF 57 shows it as an alternative or possible replacement for Tab Groups. REALLY? This couldn't be any worse. This is like a joke, a really bad one!
- كتبها PedroVin., منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥I was expecting Something like Tab Groups that ARE EXTREMELY useful ( for me At Least) and will be gone ( were gone from ff and exited as an extension - but- will disappear due to WebExtensions...). If you could separate Tabs per ""container""... And When they Are opened already you can assing to another Container . Or Open in an new Container. None of this options Exists with this extension.... Also when you have something like of 200+ Tabs - with just a diff tab accent is more difficult than have them Separated like Tab Groups... If the Containers could be ""separated"" visible and you could assign tabs to the Diff containers it would be more usefull ( like From Default when it's already opened to Some other container....).But thanks it's a good start..
- كتبها orev, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Please do not invent new and completely unobvious methods for interacting on a desktop/laptop system. "Long press" to bring up the menu is just ridiculous. I get it that we do this on mobile, but this extension really needs to use different behavior when running on a desktop than when on mobile to account for well-accepted user interaction methods for each type of platform.
- كتبها KＳm, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥The extension button is always greyed-out (isn't active), so I simply can't use it at all. Complete user-guide is highly appreciated.
- كتبها astral, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Extension is allowed to install on 52ESR, but does not work - toolbar button opens a blank area. Had to read the readme on github to find out why.
Suggestion: remove the link to the blog entry about this extension from the Mozilla Firefox Start Page for Firefox 52.x users.
- كتبها Bsmitty, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥This should be simple and intuitive to use, maybe by dragging and dropping, or a simple right click to add a link. I've tried all the obvious stuff, and nothing works. Try again.
UPDATE: I did upvote an existing bug, but there are so many listed I honestly don't have time to comb through them all to find my issues. Bottom line: It just doesn't work. I've tried adding sites to containers every way I can, but once I close the tab and go back, it is no longer listed. If I can't click the icon, and then a container, to reveal a list of sites for that container, it is not useful to me. Currently, it appears that I have to keep confirming that yes, please open site.com in this container, but I still have to open and use the tab the usual way. If that's so, what use are these containers? Add-ons are why I use FF, so I'm very accustomed to using them in all sorts of ways, but if this is working as it should, I see no point to it. I am not a developer, however, so maybe I'm expressing it poorly. This doesn't seem like a specific bug though.Sorry it's not working for you. If you can file a bug (or upvote existing bugs) for what's making it difficult to use, hopefully we can improve it.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13299918, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥It all sound wonderful , but it doesn't actually work .. or there is no easy explaination on how to use it effectively ... hope for the next " realease" ..
- كتبها Radko Dinev, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥I'd love to use this extension but currently it's unusable.
As others have mentioned, having to specify the container for each new opened tab instead of the tab inheriting the container it was opened from is ridiculous.
Improve the UX and even give more control to the users to deal with containers.
I'm amazed that this extension was released at all having in mind it's not even an MVP and having in mind it comes from Mozilla.
- كتبها Omkar Nath Singh, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Its official addon, it should be on web-extention type. Its still a legacy addon. Update soon.
- كتبها bashley, منذ ٤ أعواممقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Does it just NOT work with FF52ESR/linux? Clicking/long-clicking as instructed does nothing. Clicking the icon does indeed throw up a generic cursor, an inverted triangle and a line, but nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong?Unfortunately due to how ESR works we couldn't continue it's development to work there as we have been adding many APIs. The extension will work in 53 and the next 59 ESR. (We have an outstanding bug to fix the version number minimum, sorry about that).