- كتبها jergas, منذ ٢٧ دقيقةمقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥If you value your privacy and want to mess with how we are tracked online, this add on is great.
If you have several users (who trust each other, I suppose) sharing the same browser instance, then this can save you a lot of logging in and out (yes, I know, not a secure practice, hence trust is implicit, but secure or not, it happens).
Both of the above I do routinely, and I have really appreciated this add on for that.
For me, though, where it really shines, is in the following too situation:
- I play a web game where it allows me to be logged in to several instance,
- opening a new container is often a fast hack that allows you to bypass the article count in some websites.
So, in sum, if there is any situation where you would like one browser instance to behave as several instances with separate contexts, this is for you.
And huge thank you for the developers, for coding this, and for doing so in a Free/Open Source app! May your kindness and dedication come back to you and bring you joy!
- كتبها murtoz, منذ يومينمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥Love the idea of this addon, should make it much easier to stop companies tracking you across lots of third party websites. Ideally I want separate containers for all of the big companies I use, and to limit those containers to their sites only, so they can't track my internet use across third party domains (as those urls will be forced to open outside of their container).
However, the limited way in which you can add domains is making this hard. There's no option to manually add sites that I can find, and thus also no option to use wildcards. You can only add a url as it shows in the address bar. This has broken the sign in process with yahoo for instance (when I limited that container to only sites I've added to it) as some of the helper domains they use during the login process autoforward and thus don't end up in my address bar, and thus i cannot add them. So they open outside of the container and can't access the cookies that were set, so it resets the login process. Please give me a free text box to add URLs, and a way to use wildcards (so *.yahoo.com) and you get a 5 star rating from me.
- كتبها Tnarera, منذ ٩ أياممقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥Overall fantastic in separating cookies. One thing it needs is ability to hide the history of the containers from the main browser history. Either it should have option to keep no history just cookies for signing in etc. or show separate history for each container.
- كتبها Piono, منذ ١٣ يومًامقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥Guys it is a bit frustrating to use at this time. Missing options:
-DONT ask for confirmation every time you open a container - just open them in default or enable option of choosing default container for new tabs.
-I would really prefer shared logins across all tabs. I just need to group them but it is a bit counter productive to login to 10 gmail accounts and then have to login to X different places again and again due to new group.