- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17789171, منذ ٩ أشهرSpyware, clear and simple. Just another way to sell your info for money. Didn't think DDG was so underhanded, they used to be trustworthy. Deleted.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها DuskTheUmbreon, منذ عام واحدThis is NOT a privacy extension. It is ANTI-PRIVACY. https://thenextweb.com/news/duckduckgo-microsoft-tracking-sparks-backlash
EDIT: Developers responded to this review. They cite something that pretends to "prove" they're pro-privacy, despite the fact that DDG illegally sold data to microsoft.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها Mark B, منذ عام واحدBreaks YouTube Music. When playing a Track in a Playlist, the Media Controls at the bottom of the page (replay, play/pause, skip, thumbnail image, thumbs-up, thumbs-down, menu, etc) are GONE. There's just a big, dark-gray area where the Media Controls should be. Disable this extension, refresh the page, and the Media Controls are there.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها Publius Maximus, منذ عام واحدDDG has never been able to secure my trust. I am an IT professional who has rigorously tested dozens of search engines. My five favorites are: Brave, MetaGer, Mojeek, Qwant, and Swisscows -- none of which are hosted in the USA. DDG is nearly as insecure as Google or BIng.
DDG's lack of transparency in operating policies, blocking trackers, yet allowing some trackers (anonymous or not) without clearly informing users destroys trust and credibility.
If you read the entire DDG policies, you will discover that they pass data to affiliates eBay and Amazon.
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ١٠ أشهرHi, we have a help page that explains our web tracking protection in detail. If you're interested, you can check it out here: https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/privacy/web-tracking-protections/ Also, many of our products are open source so you can look into them for yourself.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها wkothlow, منذ عام واحدI was an avid user of DuckDuckGo until now. Today, October 25, 2022, DuckDuckGo started hanging when I tried doing internet searches. The page connections always timed out. I removed the add-on, then searched with Google, no problem, successful search. Actually went so far as to refresh Firefox (most current version 106.0.1) which meant losing all my other add-ons. DuckDuckGo search engine failed (timed out); Google search engine worked fine. If this is ever remedied I'll use this search engine again. Until then, Google has my business.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17596745, منذ عام واحدI had to delete this add-on because I was having a lot of problems opening up certain web pages. The pages would open fine using Safari. Firefox works much better without this add-on installed.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها Edison Franklin, منذ عام واحدDangerous. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials automatically turns off IBM Trusteer Endpoint Protection when enabled. Consequently, hackers could steal all your passwords including that to your bank account. You could lose all your money. Everytime I turn on Firefox, a popup asks to turn on DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. I wish it would shut up.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها Carlos Arcos, منذ عام واحدAl instalar privacy essentials, borra todos los buscadores alternativos. Al desinstalarlo, ya no se pueden restaurar, ni los demás, ni el propio Duck Duck go, que deja tambiñen de funcionar. Igualmente, interfiere con Firebox y deja de abrir os enlaces en nueva pestaña. Un auténtico desastre desde las últimas versiones.
I had to go to https://mycroftproject.com/ to find clear instructions on achieving this.
- مقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 15151704, منذ عام واحدAfter DuckDuckGo has also sold itself and filters content, as well as forwards user behavior, it's just scrap. You can also stay with Google, they have the better search algorithms.
Don't get confused with the statements that they won't do it. After all, their payment also depends on users using the site. The fact is they have been caught and are no longer trustworthy. The recension you wrote for yourself doesn't negate that either. Do you think we are stupid?!
رد المطورنُشرت منذ عام واحدNeither of these claims are true. We don't censor news and, unless legally prohibited, you should find all media outlets in our results. Let us know if you're seeing differently. On our privacy protections, we don't track you, there are no 3rd-party trackers in our app, and we do restrict 3rd-party Microsoft scripts on sites you visit. Please see the explanation from our founder/CEO here: https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/uxiah9/comment/i9xxjsn/?context=3