- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 15703144, منذ ٨ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥1Password is a fantastic app in virtually all aspects (it's my favourite Mac app). Unfortunately, though, its Firefox extension gives me endless hassles whenever there is a 1Password upgrade. Occasionally, I have problems with the Firefox extension for no apparent reason at all. Fortunately, I have the desktop Mac app as a fallback when this happens, it is annoying though.Hey there,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Updates should not break your experience, though we did encounter some instances where they did in the past. Usually a simple restart to your browser and the 1Password app should do the trick!
If you’re encountering this issue constantly and often, we’ll want to take a better look at your setup and see if there are any outstanding issues there that we can address to improve your experience.
Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with all the details so we can investigate and help in any way we can!
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17097390, منذ ٨ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥As others said before, the extension (Firefox and Chrome) is close to unusable.
I have two 1PW accounts, company and private. Before the update it was no problem to have both accounts available at the same time. Since the update I have to unlock my private account every day before I can enter my passwords from there.
And Chrome does not "speak" to the 1PW app, I have to type in the password to unlock the extention in Chrome although the app is open and unlocked.
That's all very annoying and I hope they fix it soon.Hey there,
Sorry to hear you’re not having a good experience with 1Password in your browser.
It sounds like the extension is having troubles connecting to your 1Password desktop app. We’d love to help you troubleshoot it!
Please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
As for your different accounts, you can unlock them both if they have the same password. You can use the same password for both accounts because each account still has its own unique Secret Key, which is an additional layer of protection.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The 1Password team.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17086565, منذ ٨ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Latest update made 1password unusable. Touchid doesn't works + integration with app doesn't work (unlock in app, doesn't unlock extension). It's time to switch to bitwardenHey there,
Sorry to hear you’re having a bit of troubles with the latest update.
Sounds like we just need to re-establish the connection between the extension and the desktop app. A simple restart to your computer should accomplish that!
In case the issue persists, we’d love to troubleshoot this with you via email. Feel free to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you get things working in no time :)
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 16890291, منذ ٨ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥Very powerful password manager. Does a good job of autopopulating password fields, and generating strong passwords, but does seem to miss some sites. Can also sometimes be a struggle to stop Firefox's autocomplete from interfering. However, once you get it to cooperate, works very well.Hey there,
Thank you for the kind review!
If you encounter websites where autofilling doesn’t work well, feel free to report them to us via email at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to improve 1Password there as needed!
Also, 1Password was not meant to work side-by-side with another password manager, which is why we recommend disabling the browser’s built-in password manager when using 1Password: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/
Thanks again for taking the time to write this review! Much appreciated.
- كتبها kumozaru209, منذ ٨ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥Worst of all, touch id isn't available
→Now I can use it, thank you !Hey kumozaru209,
Touch ID requires that you have both the 1Password 7 desktop app and the extension installed simultaneously.
In case it is still not working, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can troubleshoot this with you and get Touch ID working properly with 1Password in your browser.
- كتبها hadrien, منذ ٨ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥~Why was the touchid feature removed?~
EDIT: if touchid feature does not work, rebooting the OS fixes it.Hey hadrien,
The Touch ID feature was not removed. If Touch ID is not working, it means there’s a communication problem between your extension and the 1Password desktop app on your computer.
If a restart to the computer does not resolve the issue, please email us all the details to email@example.com so we can troubleshoot this with you :)
- كتبها mhv, منذ ٩ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Very difficult to use. Cannot work out how to make it work with passwords. Am going around in circles with adding apps that cannot be opened.Hey mhv,
We’d love to help you get around with your 1Password and guide you through everything!
The best place to start is here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
In addition, we have a really great support team ready to help you out! Please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org with any and all questions you have and our team will guide you through it all!
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17080108, منذ ٩ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ١ من ٥Stuck on loading. It only opens if you have the desktop app active as well. Was wondering which one to choose between Dashlane, 1Password and BitWarden...now I have one less option to choose from.Hey there,
Sorry to hear you’re having troubles with unlocking 1Password in your browser.
It sounds like something we can easily fix with you though! Please feel free to email us all the details to email@example.com and we’ll troubleshoot this with you as soon as possible!
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17079849, منذ ٩ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٢ من ٥This is the only password manager that I use and trust, but the constant problems it has really annoys me. The main problem I face now is that the 1Password plugin on Firefox has stopped asking/accepting/prompting the TouchID, making me write my really long and complex main password every 15 minutes. I wish it would keep the features it had instead of silently removing them and making the app harder to use instead of easier.
- كتبها Pestilence76, منذ ٩ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٥ من ٥Truly the greatest cross-platform password manager available. I have use this software on 6 devices on iOS, macOS, and Windows with each having multiple web browsers and I have yet to experience any of the problems that generate the 1 star reviews and have to think that a majority of the problems are user errors.Hey Pestilence76,
Thank you for the awesome review!
It is definitely hard to build a cross platform software that integrates and works with 3rd party apps such as browsers and have it work perfectly for millions of users, but we sure are going for it :)
We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying 1Password on all of your devices!
Keep on rocking.
The 1Password team.
- كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 13597181, منذ ٩ أشهرمقيّمة بِ ٤ من ٥using it for years now and was satiesfied all the time. Only downsight now is that since the one update the extension now opens the 1password app instead of unlocking the browser addon. This takes a few seconds and sometimes stucks. Not a game breaker but still somewhat annoying. Still 4 stars for great Tool which is worth it's money!Hey there,
Integrating the extension with the desktop app has some great advantages, such as being able to unlock with the computer’s biometrics or Windows Hello, as well as keeping the extension unlocked even if you quit the browser.
If you’d like to revert that change and go back to a standalone extension without integrating to the desktop app, you can do so from the extension’s settings page:
Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser’s toolbar -> Settings -> Turn off the “Integrate with 1Password app” option there.
That’ll provide you with the same experience you had before we introduced the integration :)