- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها ENiGMaster, منذ ٤ أشهرNot working.
However, reinstalling it will establish the connection to the desktop app.
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ٤ أشهرHi there,
Thank you for your review.
It sounds like things might not be working as they should be. Could you possibly drop an email to to email@example.com with the details and our team will be able to assist.
Looking forward to hearing from you :)
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17370677, منذ ٦ أشهرCommand Period cannot be used to unlock the session on Firefox (as it is a Firefox shortcut already).
It would be preferable to just tell the user to restart 1password because it's stuck...
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ٥ أشهرHi there,
I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble unlocking 1Password with the keyboard shortcut. You can amend the shortcut but right clicking on your browser toolbar > choose Settings > Scroll down to shortcuts
If you are still having trouble please drop an email to support@1Password.com where are team will be able to help you.
Thank you for using 1Password :)
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17250176, منذ ٨ أشهرRunning the Firefox extension on an M1 Mac Mini and Firefox is slow to close with the 1Password extension enabled.
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ٨ أشهرHey there,
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues, it definitely sounds like something isn’t quite right. Please drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can further investigate and get things working as they should be.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها markus, منذ عام واحدNew Firefox Browser PlugIn don't work correctly. Don't find my passwords. I don't need new Browser PlugIn – I just need the correct Password. It was a good program until yesterday. As of today it's unfortunately bullshit. Hope there is a downgrade soon
رد المطورنُشرت منذ ١٠ أشهرHey markus,
1Password in the browser works directly with your 1Password.com account and the vaults within it. If you still have local/standalone vaults in the desktop app, their content will not show up in this extension.
There are two routes to choose from here:
- You can migrate your local vault(s) into your 1Password.com account, which will solve the issue.
- You can revert back to the 1Password Classic extension that still works with standalone vaults.
We’d love to help you and guide you with these options, so feel free to email us to email@example.com and we’ll get you up and running in no time.
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها leilabd, منذ عام واحدHave just reverted to the classic extension for Firefox 94.0.1 on Windows 10 21H1. I just can't get the form fill to work using this extension. For an example go to the Thunderbird donation site (https://give.thunderbird.net/en-GB/card/single/?source_page_id=51¤cy=gbp&amount=10) and try to get it to fill your credit card details in, hopeless. The classic extension just does it.Hey leilabd,
We’ve tested the link you sent here and 1Password seems to be autofilling things quite well. You do need to autofill the first part of the page (personal details) with an identity item, and the 2nd part of the page (payment details) with a credit card item, but it all fills out as it should.
If you’re still encountering this issue or if you’d like to troubleshoot it to be able to enjoy 1Password in the browser instead of 1Password Classic, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to troubleshoot this with you, getting your credit cards and identity items to autofill perfectly on this website and any other website you experienced problems with.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
The 1Password team.
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 15703144, منذ عام واحد1Password is a fantastic app in virtually all aspects (it's my favourite Mac app). Unfortunately, though, its Firefox extension gives me endless hassles whenever there is a 1Password upgrade. Occasionally, I have problems with the Firefox extension for no apparent reason at all. Fortunately, I have the desktop Mac app as a fallback when this happens, it is annoying though.Hey there,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Updates should not break your experience, though we did encounter some instances where they did in the past. Usually a simple restart to your browser and the 1Password app should do the trick!
If you’re encountering this issue constantly and often, we’ll want to take a better look at your setup and see if there are any outstanding issues there that we can address to improve your experience.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com with all the details so we can investigate and help in any way we can!
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 17051350, منذ عام واحدI wrote a frustrated review to start but deleted that with my new understandings that might help first-timers like me.
First, this doesn't automatically make your passwords better or accounts safer. All this does is remember your bad old passwords. You have to manually go in and change all the passwords. As in, go to every site one at a time, go to your account, go to "change password" and then have 1P come up with a new password that you manually copy and paste. It'll remember the password, but you're doing most of the groundwork which seems like it will take a long time. Second, you can help it get started by downloading your saved passwords from your browser then uploading them into the 1P site. Still, it's just remembering your old, crappy password and not doing anything on it's own to make your accounts more secure until you go through the sites, one by one, updating them with the random password 1P generates. And if you're like me, that's a lot of sites. Third, I still haven't figured out how to get into, say, my email account if I'm not home or using a public computer. If I get 1P to change my password to some random letters and numbers to make it safe--great! But then when I need to check my email on a friend's computer, how do I do that? I'm seeing some things about 1P Anywhere but haven't gotten anything definitive yet. So keep that in mind if that's important for you.Hey there,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
Yes, 1Password is a tool designed to store and manage all of your passwords. And no, it will not automatically or automagically change all of your passwords for all of your accounts because that’s not (currently) possible, since every website is built and designed differently, but not only that, it would also be an extremely intrusive and privacy-breaking action that we most certainly will not be comfortable offering! Our users’ privacy is extremely important to us :)
The transition to a password manager is not always an easy one. When you start with 1Password it will let you know how many websites and passwords from your list are weak or compromised, and you will need to go into each website and create a strong new password to improve your security. But once you’re done with that initial transition phase, you will be good to go and know that you are oh so much safer online! Not only that, you will never find yourself in the same situation again because 1Password will be there to generate strong passwords automatically for you from now on.
As for your question - if you have specific accounts or services that you would like to be able to log into without 1Password’s help, it is best to generate a strong memorable worded password for that website/service. That way you will be able to memorize it and log into it on any device. Simply open 1Password’s generator and change it from “Random passwords” to “Worded passwords”, or generate them here instead: https://1password.com/password-generator/?type=memorable
If you have further questions or require assistance with anything, do email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها ToG, منذ عام واحدI used to love 1 password, however I'm not convinced by the recent move to an entirely browser based solution. Following an update ot the Mac app yesterday, this add-on just stopped prompting for TouchID, and kept asking for my password (which I fail t trust when it asks for it in the browser!). Turns out I had to restart (browser of laptop, o'm not sure, as I rebooted). It would have been nive to see some kind of notification advising this was required, as without it I just thought that the upgrade had broken the add-on.
All seems to be working again now after the reboot, but I find recent 1password developmnent direction disappointing, what with the news that the native Mac app is being dropped in v8.Hey ToG,
Sorry to hear you encountered a little trouble after updating.
1Password in your browser requires a secure connection to the desktop app, and it sounds like that connection was broken when the app updated.
That is something we’re definitely working on improving, and is already showing great results in 1Password 8 on all platforms!
Thank you kindly for the feedback and input here, much appreciated. We’re working extremely hard to make sure 1Password 8 is the best 1Password ever, regardless of it being native or not. :)
The 1Password team.
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 16997794, منذ عام واحدThe 1Password app and product is great and I've been a user for years and years. However, the latest browser extensions are far too invasive, often blocking the label of the field I'm trying to enter text by hand. E V E R Y field that I am trying to type in. Also, the password generator suggestion does not use the formula that you have in the application, and there seems to be no way to change it in the extension. Please bring back the more user-controlled experience of the previous extension!Hey there,
Thank you kindly for your review and feedback!
If 1Password shows up in places you don’t want it to, you can easily dismiss it by pressing ESC on your keyboard or by clicking the little 1Password icon on the right side of the field.
You can also go into the extension’s settings page and turn off the “Show autofill menu on field focus”, which will prevent 1Password from showing up on its own completely.
If you want to set your own passwords formula, you need to do so in the extension itself and not in the desktop app. Here’s how:
Click the extension on the top right corner of your browser to open it, select the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu and choose the “Password Generator”.
While in the generator, change the password type from “Smart Password” to “Random Password”, adjust the recipe as you see fit and when you’re happy with it, make it the default recipe for suggestions. Then 1Password will always suggest passwords based on the recipe you set up.
If you require further assistance with anything, feel free to email us to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help!
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها Cringe-O-Meter, منذ عام واحدThis is a very good app, but a recent update has left it very annoying. When entering a username or something else, sometimes I want to use the autofill feature native to the browser. 1Password, unfortunately, overlays itself right over any of the autofill options. If I press the down arrow, my entries are then directed to a 1Password pop-up and removed from the spot I am trying to fill.
This would be better if the pop-up simply appeared in the top right with the icon instead of overlaying the autofill area. Pressing the down arrow to get to 1Password should also be removed. This app will be just fine and good if they can change that.Hey there,
1Password was designed to be the only password manager in your browser, so utilizing another password manager (such as the browser’s built-in autofill) will definitely cause some conflict, which is why we recommend disabling it: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/
In case you do wish to keep using your browser’s built in autofill, you can go into the extension’s settings page and turn off the “Show autofill menu on field focus”, which will prevent 1Password from showing up automatically inside/under fields. :)
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها AD, منذ عام واحدNot user friendly to install and get started.Hey there AD,
We’d love to hear your feedback, where exactly you found things difficult/confusing and any other input you may have!
Feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can keep improving the experience and simplicity of 1Password!
Thank you kindly.
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها timwis, منذ عام واحدI'm a huge fan of 1Password and recommend it all the time. But the new Firefox extension gives me a few concerns:
1. Rendering on the web page instead of the browser chrome gives me less certainty that it's authentic (how do I know the website hasn't rendered or interfered with it).
2. Rendering on the web page presumably lets the web page access the contents of the dropdowns. I'm sure the 1Password team has taken every precaution to protect my data here, but it still makes me quite nervous, and generally reminds me of LastPass (and why I was so happy to move to 1Password because it _didn't_ that).
3. It generally feels less smooth: for example, it's a different keybinding to unlock it for some reason, and when the pop-up shows, pressing the down arrow sometimes skips the first entry in the dropdown for some reason.
Having said that, I'm loving the _contents_ of the new UI features, like previewing updating entries; I just wish they were part of the native app, or at least the browser chrome (but native app if possible).
P.S. I'm posting this here because the "What's new" blog posts suggest directing feedback here, and there's no other feedback links I could see on the 1Password website. I'm happy to remove this review and direct my feedback elsewhere if that's preferred. Thanks for your consideration.Hey timwis!
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this review and feedback. Much appreciated!
On 1 & 2, we do take many precautions here such that normal web content cannot interfere with the pieces we render into the web page. Through use of ShadowDOM (which stops other web content from being able to see our content), confirmation prompts (for credit cards and identity items which don't have associated URLs), and never taking an account password to unlock from within the webpage, we take a large number of precautions to secure the experience.
If you do still feel nervous about the in-page suggestions, they can be set to not automatically show or not show at all using the settings under the Autofill section.
If you want to continue to use the existing unlock shortcut, connecting the extension with the desktop app will let you use that. Once connected the unlocking the desktop app will unlock the extension. The keyboard shortcut for the opening the pop-up is configurable within the settings, but we definitely understand can be hard to change when you are so used to a specific workflow for so long :)
Thanks again for all the feedback and input here. Feel free to write to us if you have any additional concerns or thoughts you’d like to share! You can write to us via email privately to email@example.com or publicly in our community forum: https://1password.community/
- مقيّمة بِ ٣ من ٥كتبها مستخدم فيرفكس 12266397, منذ عام واحدI've had this for 2 weeks & love it's new sign in features,but this week it will not open. It keeps saying "downloading" so I use the old version instead. Frustrating!Hey there,
This definitely sounds like an issue we can help you with!
Please send us an email with all the details (and a screenshot) of the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you get things working properly.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
The 1Password team.