- Rated 4 out of 5by xerus, 3 jaar geledeWorks, but why would I use it over Firefox' inbuilt Reader Mode?Thank you for the feedback.
TLDR; For users that are happy with the built in Reader Mode, there is no need to use this extension.
This extension was first created in 2012 when there was no built in Reader Mode in Firefox.
Once Reader Mode was introduced in Firefox, for a while the listing description of this extension encouraged readers to first try the builtin Reader Mode and use this extension only if/when the user is not satisfied with Reader Mode.
Reader Mode works on on web pages that have an "article" tag (to the best of my knowledge) -- it is not enabled on pages that don't have an article tag. This extension works on pages even without an article tag.
There are always some pages where this extension does a better job that Reader Mode; and the converse also holds true.
Here are some of the additional features that are available that some users like:
(1) Finer ability to customize fonts, font size, reading width, background color etc.
(2) Ability to save pages locally for offline reading (and to add annotations/notes to offline articles); export/import such pages (as opposed to using an online service like Pocket)
(3) "Continuous browsing mode" -- when in the transformed view, clicking on a link will automatically take you to the transformed version of the page referred to in the link
Refer to the extension listing for more features.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Shine J, 3 jaar geledeAmazing app. Works as promised. I tried it on several sites and it just takes away ads and other unimportant stuff
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15536011, 3 jaar geledeEu ainda não usei, mas fiquei muito interessado em conversar com o autror depois que li o prospecto e todos os releases. ¿Será que ele poderia trocar ideias comigo a respeito de meu projeto em desenvolvimento? > Multifokus Projekt< Soluções para hiperativos inteligentes que gostariam de ao menos uma tarefa terminar!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14578967, 3 jaar geledeCIAO FOLKS...
GREETINGS FROM WESTMINSTER CA.
I HAVE BEEN A MICROSOFT & MOZILLA USER FOR MANY YEARS. I AM A RETIRED INTERNATIONAL BUSINESSMAN. I WENT TO HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL. I HAVE TRAVELED TO 31 COUNTRIES. I AM A VERY HAPPY USER OF MICROSOFT & MOZILLA.
I WISH ALL OF YOU A VERY HAPPY & HEALTHY LIFE.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13892648, 3 jaar geledeCustomizable to suit preferences.Hi user 13892648,
Thank you for the review.
To get back to the original page you can either click on the browser toolbar button again or on the "Original Link" icon at the top right of the transformed page. Both of these should toggle back to the original page.
There is a corner case where the the toolbar button may not work in version 3.0.15 and earlier and in the "Original Links" button/icon in version 3.0.14 and earlier (this happens when the website URL has a "#" symbol). This will be addressed in the next release.
If you notice a problem toggling back to the original page with any other kind of URL without the "#", please update you comment with the problem URL or you can open a ticket on the github support site (https://github.com/ushnisha/tranquility-reader-webextensions/issues) and I will take a look and try to address any bug.
- Rated 5 out of 5by balkanboy, 3 jaar geledeIt works well. My only complaint is that images overflow out of the body element. @arunk Could you set CSS for img element to "width:100%"? When setting img width to 100% in Dev tools it displays everything left and right aligned nicely so it is probably just a few lines of CSS code to change in the add-on. Thanks!
Thanks arunk for a fast response!
The images are left and right aligned now in version 3.0.15.
The text paragraph is now actually a bit wider than an image on a right side but it's no big deal.Thanks for the review.
Regarding image scaling problems, I have made some changes in version 3.0.15 (waiting for review/approval) where I try to handle image width better.
Once these changes are available (may take a few days), please see if you see better scaling of images and let me know if it is satisfactory. If not, please do open a ticket on the github page for the extension along with a test webpage so that I can look into it further.
- Rated 4 out of 5by circcc, 3 jaar geledebug? grayscale icon is not applyed to context menu.Thank you for pointing out this problem! I forgot about the icon displayed in the context menu.
I looked into the documentation and the icon is being picked up from a default icon value that is specified in a manifest file (packaged along with the extension).
However, I am unable to find any programming API that allows me to change the context menu icon (the documentation indicates that only icons for the sub-menus of the main context menu entry can have customizable icons). I will continue to look into this, in case I've missed something.
- Rated 5 out of 5by seamus, 3 jaar geledeI love the way this works! Clicking the 'Tranquility' icon toggles the reader view. It's especially nice for reading "news articles" from most of the media outlets as they are typically crammed with useless (to me) bs. Thanks for this!
Addendum to Firefox: Why is the entry point to writing a review NOT included with the add-on in my "add-on list"? Why do I have to do a "search" to get a link to write a review? Not smart.