- Rated 5 out of 5Used it for 1+ years. Most of the time it is good enough to replace Google (without building up a a search history). Probably a bit slower to respond when searching. If I get stuck I occasionally check on Google to make sure I'm not missing something.
- Rated 5 out of 5Working!!!
- Rated 5 out of 5What a relief from all the search engine junk out there! Great job!!
- Rated 1 out of 5hello
- Rated 5 out of 5veilig surfen over het internet
- Rated 1 out of 5Mi error fue instalarla y no revisar que no es la oficial que ofrece StartPage, sucede que Noscript me enviaba una alerta de un posible intento de cross site scripting (xss) cada vez que realizaba una búsquea, elimine esta proquería y adiós problema
- Rated 5 out of 5I love it.
- Rated 1 out of 5How do I enable the search suggestions in firefox Search bar
- Rated 5 out of 5StartPage the best solution
- Rated 5 out of 5Startpage gives the option to search private and you can try and browse the net using their proxy for more privacy.
- Rated 4 out of 5Thanks for this addon. SP is the best
- Rated 5 out of 5Indeed, I've been using startpage,com since scroogle,com (similar, but was uglier and lacked features when SP has features google lacks).
And if we ignore the anonymity/super-advanced user individualization techniques Google, FB, etc. use, what I really love (though as feature it's side-effect of anonymity) is that I'm guaranteed to get same results with every browser everywhere - as long as they don't rightfully change with some fitting better or worse to the terms,,, and with most my friends using this and duckduckgo, I can say which to use (I use duckduckgo also, it has it's benefits) and what search terms to use - and THEY WILL get the right results =) It's like back in the -95, man! :D
- Rated 4 out of 5Google is still the best search engine. There is duckduckgo but it lacks the ability to sort results by date range which is essential to me. Startpage lets me use Google without sacrificing my privacy however I'm knocking off a star because they use GoDaddy (evil Sopa supporters) for their SSL.
P.S. What proside saying about Google leaving a cookie when you use Startpage is totally wrong. They cannot track you through Startpage or set a cookie from a Startpage search. Startpage gets the results from Google then sends them to you. Google doesn't see your IP or anything about you. Even your ISP cannot see what is being searched for as the data to and from Startpage is encrypted.
For extra protection against tracking you should always disallow third party cookies in Firefox and install the DoNotTrack addon from Abine.