Please be aware that the current version of the add-on is still in an alpha state. But it supports all of our exposed test-runs, and can be used to identify failures in Firefox.
Please read the following notes to know its current limitations:
Mac OS X
- The extension is not able yet to detect if a new test environment has been uploaded. Therefore you will have to manually delete the mozmill-env.zip file and mozmill-env subfolder from inside the selected storage folder after an upgrade of the extension.
- When tests are executed, the browser UI will not respond until the test-run has been finished. We are working on a non-blocking process invocation for one of the next versions.
- While the tests are getting executed the browser under test has always to be the top-most application. Otherwise test failures will occur and report false positives.
- We do not support tests for modified Firefox builds, i.e. builds which are distributed by the packaging system on Ubuntu.
- The Apple Developer Tools (XTools) have to be installed before you are able to run tests with Mozmill Crowd. Otherwise the extension will fail silently.
We advise you to send reports to our database, once you have read the above notes. Therefore open the preferences of the extension and enable the checkbox for sending reports. Please leave the URL as it is. Once a report has been uploaded it will be visible on our dashboard at http://mozmill-crowd.brasstacks.mozilla.com/.
If you find issues please report those on Bugzilla:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Mozilla%20QA&component=MozmillCrowd