This addon originally is based on a gist by Paul Rouget, a Firefox devtools team member.
Click the Toolbar Button (originally in add-on bar, can be changed), or choose from the Developers Tools menu under Tools Menu (or Firefox Menu), or even Press "Ctrl + Shift + M" shortcut to bring upon the Magnifier.
To close the Zoom panel, either press Escape, click on the button again, or hit the shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + M) again.
Some of the key features of Magnifier are :
Future plans include a ruler along the sides of the webpage, full integration with the Inspector Developer Tool of Firefox and enhanced color picking and palette support.
- The zoom level can be shifted from 2x to 16x.
- Color data for each pixel is visible and available in three main formats : RGB, HSL and Hex
- Four different modes of Magnifier are possible:
- Content Zoom: To zoom only the contents of the web page
- Browser Zoom: To zoom the whole browser, including the toolbars, address bar and everything else.
- Mouse Zoom: In this mode, the whole browser can be zoomed and the Zoom Panel will move along the mouse acting as a lens held in hand
- Panel Zoom: In this mode, the panel will zoom whatever content is behind the panel. Much like a lens placed over a page.
- Resize the panel according to your will so as to cover as much screen size as possible.
- Drag and drop the panel to screen edges to dock it to screen edge
- Gridlines can be hidden via the options pane checkbox
For any issues or queries, please visit the github page here