Rated 4,5 out of 5
4,5 Stars out of 5
- by Manohar Bhat, 'n maand geledeRated 5 out of 5works great!!. Additionally one thing i want is that it should detect duplicate tabs in same container but different windows. When scope is selected as "container" i am able to open duplicate tabs for a particular container across different firefox windows.
i can select scope as "all windows" but then I will not be able to open duplicate tabs in different containers.
Update: Thanks for implementing this
- by Firefox user 15128757, 7 maande geledeRated 5 out of 5This is an excellent add-on for us heavy tab users. One suggestion for an optional setting. Please make an option on the remaining tab (using the "Keep older tab" priority) to "Activate and move to first on the tab row," or "Keep and move older tab to first." So it would become the rightmost tab like when you open a new tab. Thanks.
- by piecevcake, 8 maande geledeRated 5 out of 5Works perfectly and very useful. Nicely set up, with important options easily accessed. Thank you dev!
1 question - can you have the Container and All windows options both selected? If so, a tick next to container option would be helpful.
A feature request-would be helpful if the dups list was colour-coded by container (or some other ID) and ability to select the tab in the correct container to keep (or maybe keep 2 selected tabs in 2 containers and delete the other 8 dups or in wrong containers!)
Developer responseposted 11 dae geledeHello, A new version has been released with the scope options 'Container in active window' and 'Container in all windows'.
I don't get the other feature request but you can reexplain here https://github.com/Peuj/duplicate-tabs-closer/issues
- by Firefox user 15224247, 9 maande geledeRated 5 out of 5Thanks Dev, for this add-on.
It has been doing a good job for months, but seems to be inactive since a few weeks.
My 5-star review stands anyway. Thank you again.
- by Lemons22, 10 maande geledeRated 3 out of 5It works OK, but it is very slow. I'm a tab hoarder and the addon showed nearly 800 duplicate tabs when I first downloaded it. I thought it would be a simple matter of hitting the "Close all duplicate tabs" button to get rid of the tabs, but nope! That crashed Firefox. Not only that, but when I restarted not a single duplicate tab had been dealt with...so either the process removes them all or it just crashes and removes none of them. Great.
So then I started removing the duplicates one by one, which is a time consuming process considering the addon lags for a good 2-3 seconds when closing each tab. Even attempting to quickly move through the list by simply going down and rapidly clicking the x's doesn't speed it up...it's just slow. I finally just made a mouse macro that clicked through them for me using a program called Mouse Recorder Premium...for those without such a program this part would have sucked!
So I pared the list down to 500. As an experiment I wanted to see if the addon would handle 500. Nope. Crashed again, but this time it also decided to crash Firefox every single time I tried to restart it as well...great! I disabled the addon after a few crashes and FF was able to start again. When I re-enabled the addon it was clear not a single tab had been removed and I still had 500.
Finally, I ran my macro a bit more and got it down to 150 (I actually wanted to stop at 250 and see if it would handle that but I got distract and the macro had already ran it down to 150 when I check it again...oh well). Now here's the reason why I didn't just rate this thing 1 star. It actually dealt with the 150 tabs pretty easily. Click the button and POOF they're gone. So I would say for the average user this addon will work quite the treat, but if you're someone like me that has a massive duplicate tab problem, well, expect to put in some work clicking those little x's and waiting.
Developer responseposted 9 maande geledeThanks for the review and the tests.
I though I was mad with my 100 opened tabs but it seems to be nothing. :)
To solve this I think I'll need to store more tabs information instead of query Firefox.