- by funkymonkey17, 19 dae geledeRated 4 out of 5Worked great in the past for reading the nytimes but now it tells me to buy a subscription/log in to read. Did something change? I tried to clear cookies but it still doesnt work
- by Korona, 'n maand geledeRated 4 out of 5Hi, I want to thank you a hundred times for this awesome extension. As well I would like to make an important appeal to you. Please give me a solution.
The WSJ.com site does not work even once. There are always 500 or 504 errors or others. I personally love reading WSJ the most. Please give me a workable solution. Thanks.
- by Firefox user 16997127, 2 maande geledeRated 4 out of 5This add on worked until a newspaper detected my browser.. on firefox. Msg below. Site theaustralian.com.au
Potential automated action detected - if you need to be unblocked please contact +61 2 9288 3180 with the reference number generated.
- by Jumikana, 3 maande geledeRated 4 out of 5Cannot read on Bloomberg. But overall the extension is great
Edit 1: Somehow when I open the Bloomberg article on Chrome, I can read it. Even though I couldn't before so I have to switch to Firefox. So yeah, it's currently works on Chrome but not on Firefox
- by gauche_chicago, 5 maande geledeRated 4 out of 5Does what it claims to do. Often works perfectly but lately has been breaking the ability to read comments on WaPo. Overall, excellent at its task, hoping to see an update address the issue.
- by Sonja Al Hamra, 6 maande geledeRated 4 out of 5It works on the Financial Times, which is amazing for a free app. FT is far too expensive for me as its articles are good but I only read them occasionally. Thank you.
Unfortunately only 4 stars because, sadly, it doesn't work on either of the news sites I read most often - Le Monde and Liberation. These days Libe has hardly any free articles.
- by bsdaddict, 6 maande geledeRated 4 out of 5great addon, but I've found (and it took a lot of sleuthing to do so...) that it breaks some sites. In my most recent situation every time I tried to login to a certain site I got a popup telling me to disable my adblocker. uBlock was disabled and FF's tracking protection was off, but I still got that popup. After trying to resolve the problem by disabling various addons and undoing various settings I had changed in about:config, to no avail, I finally loaded the site with the Firefox Developer Tools open to the Network tab and saw that id.tinypass.com was being blocked by this addon. After whitelisting that domain in BPC I was able to login.
Now I'm wondering how many other situations where a site wasn't working right were due to Bypass Paywalls Clean. At least now I know to suspect this addon and to add it to my list of things to check when a site's not working correctly...Which site are you referring to?
Custom sites and blocking TinyPass are optional though.
But a more specific block would probably do too.
PS for support go to GitLab.