- by Matthew G. Saroff, 2 dae geledeRated 5 out of 5Is there a concise list of the differences from Bypass Paywalls and Bypass Paywalls Clean available somewhere?
Also, what happens if you install both addons?
Developer responseposted 2 dae geledeBPC has weekly updates, custom sites and supports much more sites.
BP is removed by Mozilla, last update 6 months ago, riddled with bugs and just copies fixes for over a year ... (very concise: it's obsolete)
- by JuanCarroza, 13 dae geledeRated 5 out of 5Delighted with the extension, I use it continuously.
However, today I have detected some pages like this one that gives an error with BPC ("page not found") in a journal that so far has worked without problems:
- by Firefox user 13824047, 'n maand geledeRated 5 out of 5Lifesaver. This has saved me a lot of time and improved my productivity. It unlocks most of the (expensive) websites I need for work and more. Works much much better than what I had installed before finding this -- the add-on on Github.
- by DaddyCool, 'n maand geledeRated 5 out of 5I'd rate this extension 5 stars if it weren't the fact it connects to gitlab.com not only on every start of the browser but moreover whenever you simply open the options' page.
I have disabled the 'daily users counter opt-in' feature in the options/optin page :
'daily users counter enabled: NO' -- Connection remains.
In previous versions the connection was established with bitbucket.org.
I had therefor blocked on the OS level access to bitbucket.org.
Now in the same way I have to block gitlab.com.
Is this what the developer wants?
There is NO reason for an extension to establish connections unless required by its very functionality, even if privacy and security aren't concerned.
@Developer response :
> 'Add-on checks for update of version' : OK
But why checking on every Firefox startup, moreover each time the extension's Options page is opened?
Checking once every 86400 seconds would be sufficient, as I see it.
> 'No problem to make the update-check optional though.' : that'd be most welcomed.
Whatever, the extension is a must-have, IMO.
EDIT : A missing 5th star is born with 220.127.116.11 : "Check for update version on startup/options (now opt-out)"
- by bwp123, 'n maand geledeRated 5 out of 5This is an incredibly useful add-on, saving a huge amount of trouble for a LOT of people. Blessings on this developer! ..Question: How to create a backup of the settings/options/ list of all the sites, including my additions, so that I can import it to more than one browser (including more than one Mozilla browser)? Thank you!