For reporting problems and bugs, or if you have comments or suggestions, please either send me an email (email@example.com) or go to https://github.com/Quicksaver/The-Puzzle-Piece/issues
and create an issue, this is so I have a way to communicate with you if I need to.
This add-on serves the simple purpose of showing the add-on bar in a simpler way, above the webpage, minizing the occupied screen space, while also making it more easily accessible. A puzzle piece is placed next to the add-on bar, which can be clicked on to open and close it. If the add-on bar is closed, the puzzle piece will hide until the cursor is moved over its location, except for when the add-on bar is placed in the location bar, in which case the puzzle piece will always be visible.
, the new Firefox theme, this add-on restores the add-on bar to the bottom of the browser window!
- Unclutter your browser, by placing all your extra add-on buttons in a neat and small add-on bar, as you used to be able to before.
- Bring back any separators, spacers and flexible spaces to the add-on bar and all your other toolbars. They can even be used in the new menu panel!
- Most of the current items in your add-on bar should be fully migrated over when you upgrade your firefox with the new Australis theme.
- The status bar is also restored by default, with an option to disable it. Don't count on this existing for long, as there are plans to remove it completely.Other features:
- Place the add-on bar inside the location bar to save up screen space.
- Automatically hide the add-on bar, move the mouse to where it should be or over the puzzle piece to show it.
-- This works both when the add-on bar is normally placed at the edges of the window and also when it's in the location bar.
-- Note that "hiding" and "closing" the add-on bar are two different things! If you close the bar by clicking the puzzle piece, you have to click it again to reopen it.
- Ability to customize the keyboard shortcut that toggles the add-on bar.
- The Puzzle Piece toggle button can also be hidden from the add-on bar in the preferences, if you don't want it.
-- If the add-on bar is moved to the location bar and the Puzzle Piece toggle button is hidden, the add-on bar will never hide automatically, because there would be nothing to mouse-over to show the bar.