Per provare i componenti aggiuntivi disponibili in questo sito scarica Mozilla Firefox, un modo veloce e gratuito per navigare sul Web.Chiudi
Benvenuto in Firefox Add-ons.
Scegli tra migliaia di funzionalità aggiuntive e stili per rendere Firefox veramente tuo.Chiudi
Informazioni su questo componente aggiuntivo
Full feature list:
- Easy to open (Ctrl + M shortcut and a toolbar button). Start searching for the movie in no time after opening the panel.
- Select any text and right click to choose Movie Critiques to quickly search for that movie.
- Right click on any IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes or Meta Critic movie link and choose Movie Critiques to search for that movie
- Get movie suggestions as you are typing the movie in the search box.
- Choose from the suggestion by navigating to the suggestion using Arrow keys, or mouse click
- Search for a movie by giving the release year a stronger preference by enclosing the year in brackets '(' and ')'.
- Searching 'Avengers' will result to the latest Avengers movie from 2012, while searching for 'Avengers (1998)' will show the Avengers movie from 1998 instead.
- Want to search something specifically from IMDB, just add '@' character before the search.
- This means that you can even search for TV series like Dexter using '@dexter' as search query. Yay! even more cool stuff.
Some points to note:
- Since this add-on uses open source web technologies, it might break suddenly due to any API change. Please let me know as soon as you find something like that.
- This add-on also uses Google Search API in each movie search once, which means that if you continuously keep searching for movies, you might not get a result after about 20 times in less than 2 minutes. In such cases, all you have to do is to either wait, or change your IP somehow.
- The main source of information of this add-on is the Rotten Tomatoes Developer API, which allows me to get all the information about the movies you search. Again, this API also have some limits, but I am in the process of getting those limits increased so for now, it should be more than enough.
Currently there are 4 keys that the add-on uses, switching randomly between one or other for each user. Total limit of the add-on is 40 calls per second, leading to a maximum of 40000 calls per day. Each movie search makes one call. Do the math :) .
You can avoid the Rotten Tomatoes API limit by getting your own API key for free and using that for the searches. That way, you will not be sharing the existing add-on's keys and will have full control over the usage of the limit. To get your own personal RT API key, follow the following steps:
- Go to http://developer.rottentomatoes.com and create a new account. (Sign in if you already have an account)
- If you are creating a new account, you will automatically get options to create a new API key. Just fill out all the details and you will get a 24 character API key which will get activated within a couple of hours
- If you are not creating a new account, just after you sign in, the page will have a "Apply for an API key." step under "Get Started Right Now!" section. click the Apply link and follow the steps.
- After you have your 24 character key up and active, open the Add-ons Manager (Ctrl + Shift + A) and click on the Options button of this add-on.
- You will see a text box saying "Enter your personal activated rotten tomatoes API key". Just enter your API key there, and viola, you will be using your own key from then onwards
A few people to thank:
- My one particular friend who asked me to create this add-on for him/her. It turned out to be a really good add-on and I thank him/her for that. This add-on is dedicated to him/her.
- Ronak Patel for his Movie Ratings add-ons as it was such a help getting the UX and the flow right
As always, file any issue on this page.