À propos de moi
|Profession||Philosopher / DJ / Writer / UI Tweaker / Internet addict|
|Utilisateur depuis||October 22, 2013|
|Nombre de modules développés||0 modules|
|Moyenne des notes des modules du développeur||Pas encore évalué|
Noté 4 sur 5 étoiles
Excellent, excellent. Combined with Toggle Animated Gifs (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/toggle-animated-gifs/) this makes browsing pages with large amounts animated images possible again for netbook users or older systems.
First ever review by me, so y'all know this one fills a niche. ;)
For 5 stars, it needs more:
1. A same-sized placeholder for all of the gifs that are not loaded yet. This should be inserted as early as possible in the rendering of the page by the browser (before starting to download the first animated gif).
This prevents the layout from being bounced... and stops impatient people like me clicking a link or item on the page and having the browser shove something else entirely under my mouse pointer just as I click.
2. More info could be supplied about the loading of the content in the placeholder (or a tooltip, if need be).
By this I mean simple text displaying
- the file size in kB, optionally color it green/yellow/red for tiny/medium/1MB+ gifs
- the total amount of frames in the animation to be loaded.
- its download progress in %...
- ...or at least some visual indication that the space contains a file which is loading queued to be loaded by Firefox.
3. I would also like to see some toolbar or tooltip or mousover popout display of the total amount of gif animations on the current page and how many of them have been downloaded. Like: "20/45 loaded, 800kb remaining)".
As it is now, this specialized add-on (it does one thing very well) is IMHO best realized as an integrated part of another addon with broader functionality (like the one linked above). This reduces clutter in the add-on manager, among other advantages.
Alternatively, adding additional functionality to Gif Delayer (like for example my suggestions above) will make this addon stand on its own as a must-have extension that is not just for niche use.
Pour créer vos propres collections, vous devez avoir un compte Mozilla Add-ons.