Like the add-on, but the icon could use a bit of work Noté 4 sur 5 étoiles
This won't prevent me from using The Puzzle Piece, but I prefer Barlesque's up arrow/down arrow set of icons.
1) I gave the add-on four stars because, while I like it a lot, I think it would be improved, based on my subjective tastes, by including the option for a smaller icon. Not only does TPP's oversized icon cover up more website space (at least when the "Place at the bottom of the browser" option is chosen) than Barlesque, it also covers up add-on bar icons placed to the right of the statusbar panel (via Mar Mod Update, for instance) when placed on that side unless one adds a flexible spacer.
2) While I readily admit that such a rating is based on my subjective tastes (other people's mileage may vary, etc.), it is no less subjective than your preference for a larger icon.
3) As for Barlesque's tiny, moving icons, I don't think I ever had to click and then imediately re-click them and doubt I would have much problems hitting them if I did. My main problem with it was its inability to remain above the find bar when the find bar was visible.
4) I merely suggested what I thought would be an improvement. What you (or someone else who designs a similar add-on) does with it is up to that person.
EDIT: I didn't mean any criticism towards your review. I was only offering my reasons to not add what you asked for. :) By the way, the icon covering the add-on bar contents is a bug and should be fixed in the next version (1.2.3, already uploaded and awaiting review). If the problem still persists after that, please let me know by e-mail or through the support page.
Actually, I see Barlesque as an example of how not to do a user interface:
- The up/down arrow is always visible, even with the add-on bar closed, always covering website space; even if it's just a little, for me that's just wrong for a desktop browser.
- It moves when you toggle the add-on bar, so if you want to click it again, you'll have to move your mouse to wherever it goes.
- It's tiny; which is even worse because of the above reason, when it moves you have to really "aim" for it afterwards.
(- This all, of course, at the times when it actually works as it's supposed to, but that's due to the compatibility issues, expected after not being updated for so long.)
I'm sad to see it given a lower rating only because of this detail. But unfortunately I don't plan on changing this aspect of TPP, at least definitely not to make it more similar to Barlesque.
Simply perfect! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
Really concise and useful and a great replacer for the Addons in Urlbar addon.
My congrats to the developer!
Thank you, I appreciate your words! :)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
At last an easy way to restore the bottom bar in Aurora and Nightly so my Forecastfox Accuweather app is visible again. Worth it's weight in gold!!!Cette critique est pour une version précédente du module (1.2.1).
You're very welcome! I'm glad you like it. :)
Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
"Restore the add-on bar in the new Australis theme!"Cette critique est pour une version précédente du module (1.2.1).
Works Great! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
Exactly what I was looking for. I finally stumbled across this after looking through a ton of other addons. A name change to something more "search" friendly would be great like @floriath said.
I'm glad you like the add-on. Also, I'm waiting for feedback from the site's team here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=890857 before I consider changing the name, as the alternative I presented there would be a better solution.
The Name Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
"Puzzle piece" is exciting but I think you should rename it to something which comes up easily on search like add-on auto-hide, etc. I am sure many many users will appreciate this great add-on. :-)Cette critique est pour une version précédente du module (1.0.2). Cet utilisateur a une revue précédente sur ce module.
I agree with you of course and I thought a search like "add-on bar autohide" was already listing the add-on because I added those words to the tags field. Apparently I was wrong as none of those words are showing up in the search results.
I filed a bug here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=890857 so hopefully this will be changed in the future.
Excellent! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
I used the add-on Barlesque earlier, but since the development of Barlesque has stopped I switched on to The Puzzle Piece and believe me, this one is far better than any other similar add-on! Thanks to the developer for such a great add-on!
Can you please provide the colourful toolbar button icon set present in your add-on OmniSidebar for this one too :)
I'm glad you like the add-on!
If you mean an option to change the native firefox icons to their colorful versions when they're in the add-on bar, yeah I may do that, seems like a good idea.
Of course, I'll only provide the option to change the native black- and blue-based icons to colorful ones. Changing colorful buttons to the default firefox button style (like the equivalent option in OmniSidebar) I probably won't do. This is because, unlike the sidebar buttons in OmniSidebar, which there aren't that many of, pretty much every button out there from add-ons can also be placed in the add-on bar as well. Making black- and blue- based icons for all of these existing possible buttons would be too much work. (If someone decides to create some kind of button or icon pack like this that could be used for a similar icon replacement, I'd be happy to include it in the add-on if they so wish it, but that probably belongs more in the context of a theme rather than this add-on).
Wow! Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
Wow!Cette critique est pour une version précédente du module (1.0.2).
Excellent Noté 5 sur 5 étoiles
This seems to be the first of it's kind. A great replacement for the addon bar and doesn't take up any real estate if you autohide
Can't wait to see what you add next.
There is a conflict with OmniSidebar. There is screen corruption when starting Fx especially if you do a restart.
Actually it's not the first of its kind. Barlesque has been around for a while, however it's very outdated now and I couldn't get one of my other add-ons (FindBar Tweak) to work properly with it. Plus there already are a couple of other add-ons that move the add-on bar to the location bar, but from their reviews they seemed buggy so I thought I'd give it a try on that feature as well.
And the screen corruption actually has nothing to do with OmniSidebar, it's because there are things moving around at startup and without OmniSidebar there are less things being moved around so it finishes more quickly. I'll have to look into it to see if I can prevent it completely though, thanks for telling me.