In Google Search, There was a feature that exclude from the search results to block certain websites.
But, "site block feature" is discontinued.
Then I developed this addon instead of "site block feature".
How to specify the blocked sites are as follows.
- Open Addon manager
- Press "Option" button on "Hide Unwanted Results of Google Search"
- Press "Settings" button to open panel.
- Type a URL that you want to hide, then press "Add" button.
- Press "OK" to Apply and close panel.
- Use Google Search as normal
- Right click on a link that you don't want to see.
- Choose "Add this site to Hide Results" <--- new in version 1.2
URL accepts the regular expressions. (In regular expressions, combination "period" and "asterisk"
matches anything (aka wildcard). sample:
Since version 1.2:
Context menu is supported.
From the context menu that appears when you right-click a link in the search result, you can add a site to hide from the search results.
Added site that will become effective from the next search.
Since version 1.4:
Microsoft Bing Search is supported.
Since version 1.5:
Export and Import site data is supported.
Indicator on results page is supported.
Disable/Enable temporary on results page is supported.[What's next]
[Tips for add lots of sites]
- Support Bing search --> supported in version 1.4
- Support Firefox Sync to share sites data with other PC
- Support Import/Export sites data --> supported in version 1.5
- Support Google Image Search
- Support Yahoo Search
- Support multiple language UI
- Indicator for hidden sites --> supported in version 1.5
- Switch Enable/Disable on results page --> supported in version 1.5
Currently, this addon do not support Import feature.
But you can add lots of sites by hand as follows.
[Important Information for you]
- Prepare sites data
- maybe you can export blocked sites from Google
- remove protocol(http://, https://) from url
- append ".*" (wildcard) to url
- concatinate all sites into one line with space separator
- Open about:config
- locate config "extensions.jid0-TpZJ4wPImlT1zIqfw58bD9vOeWQ@jetpack.unwantedSites"
- paste or append sites data
Update this addon was suspended because Mozilla Add-on Builder has problem.
Bug 777352 - "add library in Add-on Editor" could not find my own public library"
Bug 923623 - "500 Server Error in builder.addons.mozilla.org"