Unclear license, bad behaviour Pas encore évalué
- The license isn't available upon installation.
- It installs a binary application (RedSwoosh client, owned by Akamai since April 2007), registers it to start with Windows, contacts their server and assigns a unique ID for the computer, ALL THIS WITHOUT ASKING THE USER EVEN ONCE. On top of that, it DOES NOT UNINSTALL the RedSwoosh client when the extension is uninstalled, so it keeps loading with Windows forever, Unless you uninstall it manually.
- The source for the RedSwoosh client binary isn't available anywhere, therefore, the claim of this extension being open source is a lie. Period. Only the light Firefox front-end for RedSwoosh is available in source form.
- All the above doesn't claim for spyware or other maleware, merely of the behaviour inadequacy of this extension.
- The BitTorrent client itself seems to be very sparse but working ok, but that's not the point of this review.
Much MUCH more transparency is required from such an obtrusive extension.