Thunderbird can archive messages but you have to do it manually for every message.
This add-on helps you and archives your messages automatically after the time you have configured.
You can use it for example if you want to archive your mails from an IMAP account (where you usually does not have so much space) to your local computer. Open some instructions under http://brummolix.github.io/AutoarchiveReloaded/
Report Bugs under https://github.com/Brummolix/AutoarchiveReloaded/issues
This add-on is an improved version of another add-on called "Autoarchive".
- does not only archive Inbox but also other folders like Sent (Junk, Trash, Drafts, Templates,Outbox and Archiv will be still ignored)
- handle subfolders
- configure unread mails separately (besides marked messages and messages with keywords)
- improve handling if a message for example is marked and
- show activities in activity window
- archiving via menu/toolbar
- you can select if you want autoarchiving at every start of Thunderbird or manual only
- add (limited) possibility to archive RSS accounts (it is limited because you don't have Thunderbird archive options at such an account, therefore you can only archive with default settings)